Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've only ever done the posted speed limit. :rolleyes: But if I had to venture a guess I would say the 1200 pulls hard up until the upper 130's. Once you hit 140-ish, the lack of aerodynamics becomes a huge factor and acceleration slows down quite a bit. Going over 150 is possible, but the climb from 140-150 seems to take as long as the 0-140. lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've seen 151 in 6th on the track numerous times. Wind blast at that point is almost ripping my head off though. I think that some sort of fairing would likely increase top speed to 160.

·
Registered
22 Posts
147mph today read on for the boring bits. :)

Ok big guy here 6'2" and 230 with a backpack and shark raw helmet on (not great for aerodynamics) and I had a good spot to test speed today out by lake mead there is a nice stretch that I have hit 185 multiple times on my zx10R.

I must say that it didn't feel good, in fact a bit scary much more than my ZX at 185 when I hit 100 even lol. The wind blast is just insane and the backpack and helmet didn't help.

I hit 120 a couple times then came back by and gave it a nice long run and was at 147 and I am pretty sure I could have edged on up to 150 but man it was really scary like not sure if I could stay on the road or keep my facemask on and I didn't want to push my luck anymore.

It feels great from 0-80 in curves but it's definitely not my choice for high speed!

·
Registered
14 Posts
At a wind-free day at the track Monday, I was able to wring 155 out of the beast before needing to hit the brakes. Got the ABS in Sport going crazy in the front to make the first corner. Also found that the exhaust butterfly valve drags in hard right handers...also the peg. Seemed like peg and knee touch about the same time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
without a small fairing , it is difficult to hold the bike straight at over 185 km/h.
I hope an after market co will come up with a decent small fairing , style like the S4R .

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did 150 mph on a flat road and into a crosswind and it was unpleasant. Without a windscreen and fairing, the turbulence made it no fun, and I was pretty much over it and forever satisfied.

Buuuut... just now on Christmas day I had a wide-open stretch going downhill (maybe 1-2%) and a perfect 10 mph tailwind. I got up to 150 fast and easy and held on until I saw 160. And it was much nicer than my previous time; the air turbulence was not nearly as bad. I guess that tailwind made all the difference. It felt like I had 20 more HP. It was a pretty awesome day.

·
Registered
218 Posts
without a small fairing , it is difficult to hold the bike straight at over 185 km/h.
I hope an after market co will come up with a decent small fairing , style like the S4R .
Patience, Mr. Brown. A small fairing is planned for this summer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Love my belly pan....

Anyway, took it out and had an open stretch on the freeway- so I cracked it open.
155 mph indicated in 5th gear before traffic was coming up. And she had more to give.
147.3 according to GPS (the Pirelli Diablo SuperBike app).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts