Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new helmet. I like that Ducati uses Suomy helmets. I think Suomy's are made in Italy which is another plus.

If you were buying a new helmet today and had a 400 budget would you get a Suomy? I live in Atlanta, GA so heat is a factor. I don't ride unless the temp is above 45 degrees. Do you think the Suomy Spec1r will provide adequate ventaliation?

Thanks for your opinions.

Tom E

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i just picked up an icon mainframe from atlanta tri-duc. it fits great; it's dot/snell 2000 approved and vents *really* well. i have yet to ride it in our beloved sweltering summers, though.

not really any info on suomy, but then again, none of the suomy's really fit me well.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have any pictures of the inside of the helmet?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Scooby, is that helmet really as noisy as people say? I ride with a guy who says it's the noisiest helmet he's ever owned. ::) What's you take on that?

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
YOWSA! She is a babe...

What? Noisy? Can't hear you!? HUH? No. I don't think it is very noisy, but what the fuk do I know?

scooby ;D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
scooby...what size helmet do you have? What is the circumference of your skull? I am thinking I need an XL becuase I wear an XL in an Arai RX7. My head is 59-60 cm. How much do the inside pads flatten out after prolonged wear?

Tom E.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I wear a size medium in the Suomy; my skull is huge to compensate for my enormous brain... Ok, never mind. I don't know, but in a Shoei helmet I wore a size small... The padding does not mash down too much though. The price is right at sub $200.00...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whoa! Almost makes me want to buy one. Does the babe come with it?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Sumoy are really good helmets, I really wanted to buy one, but they didn't fit my skull. They *seemed* to be a really good quality, and i liked the material the liner was made of, it was very soft.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts