Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of spark plugs do you use on monster 600 (or 620)?I can't find anywhere the CHAMPION RA4HC that the manual sais.Anyone who use NGK?

G

·
yeha, I use NGKs all the time. Get them at sparkplugs.com

really cheap, and I usually get a box of 10 or 20. Replace tehm every 1k miles :)

G

·
ha, i had the same problem this weekend. Changing plugs in a Mazda b2300 pickup (ford/mazda ought to hang the bastard who designed 8 plugs for a 4cyl. you have to remove the entire intake system!) my Ford mustang (still have to remove the intake to the butterfly) and my 750D (easiest to change!).

no one has the ngk's and I tried every parts store I could find.
Sparkplugs.com seems like the best source.

G

·
Here is a motorcycle cross reference chart that I found on the internet.

http://members.cox.net/jqphotos/spark_plug_cross_reference_motorcycle.htm

The bad news is that I called all sorts of auto parts dealers in my area hoping to find a plug that would work... no luck. I needed new plugs in a hurry, so I picked some up at my local dealer ($26 for 4 plugs). Yeah, I got reamed.
If you can wait a while, I would order from sparkplugs.com and save a little cash.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.I just put a pair of NGK DPR8EIX-9 Iridium.A bit expensive though(32 Euros) but i hope they work good.

G

·
Do the plugs really need to be replaced every 1k??? seems a little crazy? i change the oil every 2k, i just didnt think that there was a need to replace them that frequently. any other thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I change them at the 6k valve adjustments for good measure, but they typically look fine.

--Fillmore

1 - 9 of 9 Posts