Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a set of Sil Motors from SpareShack (WEB), if you have used them before, how is their response? I'm having a difficult time getting them on the horn to confirm order and answer some questions. Ands yes, I

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I had no problems with Stuart at Spareshack; his biz is a sideline for him, so maybe that is why he is hard to get via e-mail at times. But he prompt on shipping and very reasonably priced...

Scooby ;D

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Stuart posts to the email list pretty frequently-maybe try to get him that way. I've yet to hear anyone compalin about his service though so I think you're gonna be all set. He seems to ship things super fast too!

What Sils did you get? I bought a pair of the titanium high mounts from BCM-awsome, I love the sound and the look. I also had my chip remapped and got a bunch more power. Not sure I lost any top end either so I guess thats cool though I don't often had the speedo at 125mph anyway!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have never ordered anything from him, but when I ran out of options for the lens on my CD tailpeice, I asked him and he sent me one. Very good guy. Pretty clever marketing too, I felt so guilty I ordered $500 worth of goo gaws for my Monster.

S

·
0 Posts
I seem to remember about a week ago someone reported that he had an issue that would prevent him from responding for several days. Do a quick search and it should show up.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Hey Htcamp, I just ordered the same pipes for my Monster from Stuart. ;D He sent me an e-mail on the 7th saying that my pipes would be shipping straight from Italy. :p Makes them seem even more special.

Wouldn't hurt to send him another e-mail.

·
Registered
345 Posts
His email is fine, I ordered Sunday and sent him an email reminding him to put the cost of the lens on the order, he replied a couple of hours later with an update of my order and to let me know that he was missing one item and would ship it at a later date.

Between Spareshack and SWmototires I can get just about everything I need to keep the bike going.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yo Htcamp, I got my Sil conicals from Stuart about 2 monthes ago and love them. He shipped promptly and I had them in 3 days.The pipes took a little bit of mounting tab bending, took about 40 min to install . The look and sound is amazing! Best money I ever spent on bike parts!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great info...Thanx! Kudos to Stuart, evidently I was using the email addresses listed on his CONTACTS page. However, using [email protected] defiantly got quick responses. Thanx Stuart, and I hope I hadn

·
Registered
584 Posts
I got the 105 db, Sil megaphone-style high-mounts from Stuart. I think you'll be very happy.
dion

S

·
0 Posts
just recieved a couple tasty CF bits and some billet brackets from him. mmmm.... tasty...

N

·
0 Posts
I ordered new ignition pickup coils from Stuart and he's been truly understanding when I'v called him daily to see if they've arrived in the UK from Italy yet (no is still the answer!!).

Stuart has been very helpful and probably far more polite than I would be if it was me being called every day to be asked for an update. Sadly the Ducati factory (and spare parts department which supplies him) seems to close for the whole of August.

So f*cking typically for me we have truly awesome weather (a very rare occurrence here in England) and my Moster is sitting in the garage with her innards exposed to the air whilst I fume quietly waitng for Ducati to sort things out. :mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nik, You know that you secretly wanted a Harley.
This is the big man paying you back for your wicked sub-conscious desires.

You could always while away the time by joining me and Elmer at our stoat roast. Bring yer own moonshine!

;D

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I just ordered some bits for my monster from Spareshack. And it was cheaper than buying them in Australia (ie Ducati Performance). How does that work? Someone down here (ie Frasers - Ducati importers) is making a lot of money!

N

·
0 Posts
My secrets out Dio, still at least it's remains a secret back here this side of the pond ;D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sharespack - the best in the world. Last week I ordered a discumfabulator-komknockerator for my friend Batman. It arrived last month. We are still waiting for the new red underpants. Maybe we should have tried Wal-Mart.

Veni-Vidi-Monstera

Huh? :-/

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I called Stuart yesterday, he said to expect the Sil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes Stuart at Spareshack is a top guy. :)

Hello Mum. ;D

Bry... 8)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts