Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;D

All I can say is THANK YOU STUART!!

Wow, I was all worried and this hugger fit like a champ. Less than 15min later and everything was back together and looking great. All I really added were a few zip ties to keep the now loose cables closer to the swingarm.

Enjoy the pictures!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is great!!!!! Mine is on the way back, but a new will be shipped upon its return. It would be nice if the new one was on its way already, but since the my bike is not running I guess it does not matter. Did I mention my bike caught on fire on the way back from trying to have the hugger put on?
I am happy for you, this gives me hope that the new one will actually fit.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx Dennis, best of luck on the recovery. I hope it speeds itself along. ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi LiterLeaner, your bike is looking good, have you considered a belly pan, Stuart at Sparesshack does a blue one which is a perfect colour match, I bought one for mine and it really does complete the bike. "your pipes look sweet"

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi LiterLeaner, your bike is looking good, have you considered a belly pan, Stuart at Sparesshack does a blue one which is a perfect colour match,

·
Registered
270 Posts
that looks great!!! Ive got my pies & my blue S4R arrives on tuesday!! horay! Ill be getting the hugger also. I think that the belly pan would look good to!! also chain guard, clip ons etc,etc. the spending never stops buy i love it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sorry to bring this to your attention LL :'(,,,, but,,,,,,,, it's mounted incorrectly. The top piece is supposed to mount over the lower piece. This has been the problem with Dennis and my huggers. Dennis's holes didn't line up and my lower piece wasn't contoured to match the swingarm's profile and would have cracked upon tightening of the mounting screws.
Buy hey,,,, if your happy with it in it's current configuration then rock on dude!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to bring this to your attention LL :'(,,,, but,,,,,,,, it's mounted incorrectly. The top piece is supposed to mount over the lower piece. This has been the problem with Dennis and my huggers. Dennis's holes didn't line up and my lower piece wasn't contoured to match the swingarm's profile and would have cracked

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't understand the compulsion for a hugger on the S4R...what's up?

For one its more carbon goodies ;D and also it was not available as a factory option so its an aftermarket add on....

Besides that, everyone of my bikes has had one because I like the fact that my undertail doesn't get sprayed with everything I roll over (mud, gum, tar, etc....) so I could justify putting one on without hesitiation..

:D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Here is a little glimpse into the future. This isn't a final version so some small changes will still be made and the heal guards aren't done yet.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is a little glimpse into the future. This isn't a final version so some small changes will still be made and the heal guards aren't done yet.

:eek:

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Nostrodamus wrote:
"A twin will come naked from across a great body of water. Her agility and speed will conquor many foe. Her beauty is mared only by her tail."

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi LiterLeaner, picture of bike with belly pan, go to link below , also have a Carbon Chain Guard which goes well with the Hugger, sorry but when you start with the carbon you just can't stop !!!!

http://www.rmi.org.uk/s4r.htm

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OMG you suCK!!! ;D

I think I just nutted myself on that one :eek:

Great looking bike, how hard was that pan to install? I am adding that to my list right now of future upgrades..

Beautiful S4R ;) ;)

·
Registered
423 Posts
who makes that radiator protector? I've been looking for one for a while now.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Dennis: You're correct with the placement of your dots for the peg and the shifter. Gary's finishing up the heel guards this week. They're getting closer man!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts