Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got mine in yesterday, installed, hooked up, work great.

Now it's mod time, here's the question:

How do I wire the headlights so that only the city lights work during the day and I can manually flip a switch to activate the low beams for the night time, and then use the high beam switch as normal to activate those.

Let me know if you don't follow, but I think it's a fairly simple concept. I think the lights would look way cooler if just the city lights were on during normal operation instead of two 55w bulbs going all the time. I'm good at wiring, but poor at understanding how to make up my own wiring for stuff like this.

Any help is appreciated

David

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
so... basically you're ditching the hi-beam function?

lo-beam use = actually the pilot lights?
hi-beam use = actually the lo-beams?

i think there's a way - not sure how to wire it though. had some electrical problems after a crash - 1 light not working at all (pilots are always on). both brights didn't work either.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not exactly, this is the plan

normal day time use = pilot lights
lo beam use (night only) = actual lo beams
hi beam use = actual hi beams

I just think it would look the coolest that way, with just the pilot lights on all day long.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Do you have the dual headlight or the Alien one? I really like that Alien one!! But $600 seems pretty darn steep!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the cheap dual headlights. With shipping it was about $125 from England, they look pretty good though I think.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
it's possible to re-wire so that you are running the pilot lights only - you'll need an extra switch to switch off the normal "always on" lo-beams though. try running with the Euro-set-up (there's a switch that allows you to turn everything off - mod that switch.)

also - looks like the alien lights are a carbon copy of the Acerbis dual sport fairing but done in aluminum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts