Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have something for you in a month or so... after all, a Monster is never truly finished, is it? ;)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, here they are on the bike of the guy I bought them from. Bracket has four bolts... two on bottom to same place stock bracket connects to, and two on top to front of the upper triple. No vibration problems.

·
Registered
783 Posts
You wanna swap for some black dual lights and cash?

·
Registered
783 Posts
That's OK I plan to win the auction anyway. LOL!! It's one of the last things I require to finish my monsterpiece.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I love them. Just glad I didn't pay retail for them. I found a guy on Ebay selling the cylinders along with the levers. Got both levers and cylinders for 50.00!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Magnus, I am almost positive that bike in your pic is my bike! I bought the bike from a guy in LA who said he got it from a guy in Oregon. Does this story line up with the guy you bought the lights from?
Its got the same coated yellow frame, gas tank, grips, mirrors, carbon side covers, tach, coated engine covers, it has to be my bike.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I think that's right. He was in Cali... and he was selling his bike, so he parted out some of it and then presumably sold the bike... to you! It's a 94 or a 95, right? Did he put the stock headlight back on? His name was Corey if I remember correctly...

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yeah, thats the guy. Its funny what a small monster world it is. The bike is a 94. I wish he would have left the high mounts on! :)
And ya, he put the stock headlight back on, and stock bars, and sold off alot of other cool stuff I wish I got with it. :(

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, that was the smart move on his part... you can get alot more $ by selling the bike stock and selling the tasty bits individually.

·
Registered
796 Posts
They guy said he was a race tech and by the looks of his garage he was telling the truth. I wish he would have been upfront about the starter (it was dying and went out 3 days later) I still would have bought it anyway. He tried to tell me that the compression was so high that without a fully charged battery the starter would not even begin to turn. I kinda knew it was BS but I still got a great deal on the bike, and its still goin strong.
Compresion so high????...... since when does a M900 with a 944 kit have high comp? silly.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He's a very capable guy... used to be a phone tech he said, and you can tell by the job he did on the wiring on these projectors. I like your bike... fairly unique with the yellow frame and black tank.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts