Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Everyone,

i typically don't really read this forum, as the main one is normally entertainment enough for me. for those of y'all that are "handy" and looking for a less costly alternative to the Euro left handlebar switch so you can turn off the headlight, i've got something.

check out this page:
http://www.ducatitech.com/info/left_switch.html

i did this for 2 reasons. 1) pongo's left switch was munged from a former tip-over / crash and 2) he sometimes struggles to start. shutting off the headlight noticably improved his motivation for starting. i talk about it a little on my "pongo!" page:
http://www.ducatitech.com/bikes/pongo.html

i bought a couple of extra "dual sport" models before realizing that the street model existed. figuring the street model would be more popular, i decided to offer $10 off for the first 3 DMLers that want a dual sport model. this is the one that looks just like the stock part, but needs some modification. that hi-beam LED is awfully bling-y at night, too.

thanks, chris :)

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Re: Spam: left handlebar switch w/headlight shutof

You "typically don't really read this forum" and now you're spammin' it?

You got a lotta damned nerve!

(give a guy the big fuzzy stars and all kind of latent Napoleanesque personality traits surface). ::)

S

·
0 Posts

I see the post as only partly spam and mostly great info that there is an alternative to the Ducati part. But I am biased. :)

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

;D heheheh, well, i was gonna spam the general messages forum, but then i thought this one would be better. :)

i can delete it all if you'd like?

·
Premium Member
341 Posts

Chris. Your posts are always welcome... spam or not.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

Hey, just bustin' his chops 'cause he can take it! You'd think the parenthetical jab at myself would have been a giveaway. Lighten up Dudes!

If my ire were real, I'd take it off line. I don't think the moderator's presence should generally be noticed by readers.

S

·
0 Posts

definately looks like a nice unit, but can the fast-idle lever be integrated into it for newer models (like my s4)?
thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

hey Don, i thought ya was kidding ... but always being respectful to the peeps, i would delete if desired. :)

hey strati, doesn't the fast idle lever attach to the clutch housing ??? ;D

S

·
0 Posts

nope. on the s4, it's tied into the light controls. you can kinda make it out in this pic with the standard "goldline" clutch m/c:

and then again here with the radial m/c:

S

·
0 Posts

Hmmm, looks suspiciously similar to the control pod from my old VFR and ZR-7.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

hi Strati, sorry, looks like you're suckin. :p no technology on the new switch for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts