Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
In response to Speeddogs inquiry about our ride. Does either Ducman or Socalsar want to chime in? No? Well allow me to retort! Yes we did happen across a LEO. Picture three ducs running full throttle down a two mile straight. I won't give you actual speedo reading because we are all law abiding citizens,( cough, cough ) but suffice to say it was cleaning the carbon out of our pipes. Socalsar managed to see the LEO sitting on the side of the road before he was able to ruin our fun. Thank goodness for speeding cages! After that it was smooth sailing until we stopped for a piece of pie then more riding until Palomar again. All in all a very good ride.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ya know, I sat down last night and started to type out a ride summary, but I fell asleep! Oh well. Guess I'm workin' too hard.

As promised, a good time was had by all. The Northern Crowd were missed but the circumstances are certainly understandable.

I don't know about the other two, but it was one of the best rides I've been on in awhile. Everybody was on pace and rode well all day- sometimes a little too well. I led up and down Palomar. We stopped briefly at Mother's and hob nobbed with the rest of the who's who sporty crowd in So Cal. After Palomar we headed to Borrego Springs by way of the Montezuma Hwy where Poitras led a very spiffy pace.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I could not have stated it more eloquently. I benefited from the advice given from both Ducman and Solcalsar. I must say that it was the best ride I've ever been on. The guy at Honda had it wrong. He should have said that you meet the nicest people on a Duc

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Wasn't that nice of the LEO to 'leave the lights on for you'?

Glad to hear y'all had lots of fun and didn't have to pay any road taxes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts