Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a riding pardner.. leaving outta Torrance area-ish and willing to meet up wherever to go wherever (Malibu, AC, Tom's Farm- Ortega).

Please, don't let this duck fly alone!

Eric- 310-874-3928

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's 9:15 here, think its about hour and half ride w/ good time & no mishaps :police:

- think I'll miss you guys this time ...... Unless you hang around an hour

Looks like I'll catch up to you guys next time !

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Next time, you should try to hook-up with Trackmonster, in Long Beach.

I think he rides Sunday mornings.

;)

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I wish I was online this morning :'( I was looking for a partner as well.

Hit me up next time. I'm in Redondo & usually head up to Malibu Sun. morning around 7 or 8 AM.

p.s. I know Gerald... I could always find a partner @ BODEGA >:D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it was a nice ride- the Honda was adept at handling the curves and I got to wear down the edges of my tires (which still stand an uncomfortable shade of black).

Along the way we avoided a couple large rocks in the middle of the road and later had a 15minute wait while one of two riders on matching red Honda CBR's was airlifted out. It looked like he had skidded into the steel road barrier. Word was he broke some ribs and his collarbone. The frame sliders were bent 80degrees off norm but otherwise the bike wasn't in too bad a shape, and there were no leaks visible (omnious puddle under the firetruck aside).

We worked our way up to the restaraunt (Newcomb's?), and after hanging out decided to go eat at Hidden Springs Cafe and had the most DELICIOUS Ortega Burgers! Even the local ancient artifact of a cat lost any semblance of an arthiritis wracked body in his pursuit of the burgers.

Eventually we wrapped the last part of the appx 240mile ride with an extremely fun and scenic trip down Lake Hughes Road to Castaic before hitting the 5 south. Hughes proved to be the best part of the day, and provided not only plenty of curves but a nice blend of descents/ascents with light traffic and one blazing sunset near the last rise before Lake Castaic. Large orange sun, violet skyline, view for miles- a real Grade Ahh moment!

Will hopefully make some midweek jaunts (even a bar run at least) - I'll try to get ahold of you guys - Gusduc, Trackmonster, and any else that might be interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.