Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
But they just don't have it against Rossi. Any body can be quick in qualifying but it all means jack on Race day. Rossi just ooozes with talent. Sorry Ducati fans. I think we will do real well this year, but I think either Gibernau or edwards will walk away with the championship. Of course no one can tell what Rossi will do. He started with a crap bike and brought it to the front in the off season. Oh boy this is going to be a great year.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I think the telling thing is the fact you now have 4 diferant brands in the Top 5 whereas last year for the most part it was a H0nda and Duc show. I believe we are going to see the absolute best from Rossi this year. So far the man has put the Yami on top of Provisional Qualifying and every practice. So It will be interesting to see what happens when clutches are released in anger as we all know Practice and Q'ing are nothing like Racing in to the first turn with 20 other hungry guys wanting that same real estate.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
??? What happened to Troy Bayliss ???
He's second to last and his qualifying time is slower than the 250GP pole time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
WHAT A RACE This is going to be. Honda, Kawi, Yamaha and ducati all on the first three rows. Damn what a season this is going to be. Way to go Rossi. Could you imagine if he would have went to Ducati?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got back from watching the Race. What a great race in the 250 and GP series. Its the Max and Rossi show. Did any body else see it?

·
Banned
551 Posts
Very impressive ride from Rossi.

Gotta see the Ducs up there in the next race. Obviously the Hondas will give him a run for the money this season. Giberneau, Hayden, Edwards all putting in a good show. Hope KR gets some good finishes in this year for a change.

Superbike is putting me to sleep this year - at least Petronas is getting on the podium.

R

·
0 Posts
Can't you see Max talking sh!t again? when can he stop blame on anything?? What a stupid guy!!

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Seeing how I have no access whatsoever to moto racing on tv, can you guys recommend some good websites to read about all the action. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
motogp.com my friend. Keeps you in the know. Sign up for the news letter. A new letter to your e-mail every single day. Now is the time to get it. Great inside news on whats going on.

Pato

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Rush I agree about Biaggi. He's OK. One thing I will say is that He and Rossi DO NOT like each other. But after they crossed the finish line they each grabbed the others hand. Under any normal race occasions this would never have happened. That just goes to show 1.How much of a great race between the two it was. 2. How much respect Biaggi has for Rossi for winning on the yamaha. Absolutely awesome race between the two.

Pato.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Hey Rush I agree about Biaggi. He's OK. One thing I will say is that He and Rossi DO NOT like each other. But after they crossed the finish line they each grabbed the others hand. Under any normal race occasions this would never have happened. That just goes to show 1.How much of a great race between the two it was. 2. How much respect Biaggi has for Rossi for winning on the yamaha. Absolutely awesome race between the two.

Pato.
It is too fookin bad Mat Maladin does not have the grace or character of Rossi or Biaggi.
It does show that those 2 men are in the league of extrodainary gentlemen :)

·
Banned
551 Posts
yeah - I don't think anyone ever mis took Mr biaggi as a Gentleman. I was however suprised that he shook hands with Rossi after the race. It was well fought - he was just cought up in the emotion and probably didn't mean to be so pleasant at that time.

And the whinging after the race. Seriously- give credit to Rossi for once.

I do have to say that if that last pass had the tables turned and it was Biaggi taking Rossi off his line in the corner - I would have been throwing things at the TV. I am not saying the pass wasn't clean, but Rossi usually makes the cleanest passes. I guess you have to make up for that fact that he was riding a Yammy after all. ;D

Can't wait for the next race and hope that the first couple of groupings stay closer together. I think the altitude and layout of Welcom had something to do with that - besides the fact it was the first race of the season.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, at least there are some people in here watching GP racing.

You guys should take it easy on Biaggi. He is a world champion and deserves respect. If there were no Rossi, he would probably be "the next Dohan" by this time. He is also the only other rider to win on the Yamaha.

Melandri looks so promising, and showed Checa how much he sucks. And the GP4 will come on soon enough. I have not lost faith. DNF for Xaus Pato... at least he didn't crash.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts