Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have lots of little areas where the alloy-coloured paint is missing from my motor parts, footpeg supports, etc. Any suggestions of a touch-up can which will do the trick - I want liquid paint, not the aerosol rattle can stuff.

It's a 2000 900 Dark

TIA

WTSDS

·
Registered
972 Posts
Maybe a little chat at your local paint supplier or smash repairer might shed some light on that kind of paint, they usually have the latest info on paints. Let us know how you get on. [thumbsup]

Mmick

·
Registered
972 Posts
So mate .... did you find your paint or not? If you did tell us the story.

Mmick

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The story so far - I have been to two auto parts shops and had a look at what they got. All that's available is in spray cans. There are several " silver " and " aluminium alloy " versions but without buying them it's a matter of looking at the colour of the label or the plakky top cover.

'course there's a disclaimer that the colour ya sees ain't ness the colour ya gets............

The Ducati paint has coarse flecks, and what I've seen so far has fine flecks.

I have a mate in Tassie who rebirths bent alloy auto wheels and I have asked him about this as I've noticed some mag auto wheels have paint which is very close to what I want.

Will let you know when sucess happens..

Maybe I should ask this quessie on the DML - surely someone else has been thru this exercise ?

WTSDS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts