Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local dealers keep almost no stock and charge full retail on any "special orders." Given Arai's crappy no-mail-order policy, does anyone have any suggestions as to a source with decent stock, and, perhaps, fair prices? I ask this question with a little hesitation, due to the concern that if there are any decent mail-order dealers, I don't want them exposed so that Arai can pressure them to stop. (Doesn't Arai have a clue that the only way for a dealer to feasably maintain decent stock is to deal in quantity, which means internet sales? I love Arai helmets, but hate Arai as a company.)

Thanks.

M

·
0 Posts
Maybe ask your sales guy (i.e. the guy who sold your bike to you) if he would give you his discount on equipment. My sales guy agreed to help out with a standard discount on a future Termi pipes purchase as we were closing the deal on my Monster.

Or, you can do as I did for my Arai, which is to make friends with an apparel chick at the local Harley dealership and get the 15% friends-and-family discount! ;D

M

·
0 Posts
**** arai and go buy another brand...

that said i've always bought arai in the past and really like their helmets but their no internet/phone sales even to current/past owners is a real nut puncher and a poor business decision imo. 1. the majority of the dealers don't provide the fitting services as advertised and 2. dealers only charge msrp (and i've even seen two dealers charge above msrp for base models not to mention replicas). my last arai was a previous model year so i was able to purchase it online but it looks like my next lid won't be an arai. if you can find 2001 models i believe you can still purchase those online... but pickings were slim a year ago and can't imagine they'd be any better now.

M

·
0 Posts
Do Suomys fit like Arais? I have the "long-oval" noggin that didn't squeeze well into an Shoei or an Arai Quantum F for that matter. Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I could find a helmet that fit me as well as the Signet, I'd buy it, if for nothing else, to protest Arai's stupid marketing. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a "long-oval" shape other than Arai. I haven't been to Arai dealer who stocks a variety of Arai helmets, let alone the variety of sizes of cheek pads to give you that custom fit.

I hate Arai, but haven't been able to find a comparable fit.

S

·
0 Posts
Just remember, its your head. There are alot of people out there with scambled eggs for brains. I believe that Arai is trying to do the right thing. Proper fit is a must. The easier it is to purchase an item on-line or over the phone, the greater it is to get the wrong fit. And most people do not know how a helmet should fit. They figure if it feels comfy, then it must be right. We need to remember our dealers. If we are faithful to them, they will return the favor. I never pay retail and my dealer knows if I want something, I will go to him first. They can get whatever I want just as quick if not quicker cuz they eat the shipping.

M

·
0 Posts
sorry scduc but i respectfully disagree on a couple of points...
1. there are other helmets out there that are of the quality of arai.

·
Registered
4 Posts
**** arai and go buy another brand...

that said i've always bought arai in the past and really like their helmets but their no internet/phone sales even to current/past owners is a real nut puncher and a poor business decision imo. 1. the majority of the dealers don't provide the fitting services as advertised and 2. dealers only charge msrp (and i've even seen two dealers charge above msrp for base models not to mention replicas). my last arai was a previous model year so i was able to purchase it online but it looks like my next lid won't be an arai. if you can find 2001 models i believe you can still purchase those online... but pickings were slim a year ago and can't imagine they'd be any better now.
Ha Ha Ha #Arai. But why another brands? :0:0 http://openfacehelmetsreview.com is perfect for you where you can find different brands helmets. Except ARAI :grin:grin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts