Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone I have a 2003 m620 that has a damaged key. The bike's guages flash 3 times indicating that the key is not being accepted by the guages . SOS lock service told me they can re-key my old key and sync it with my guages and they do not need my ecu. Is it possible to remove the 3 flash indicator from my duc without reprogramming the ecu as well? has anyone done any business with this company? They will charge 400 for this process and give me a black and red key. Too good to be true?

http://www.soslock.com/

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
This is the same company as keysforducati.com. They are some what local to me, I talked with them several times and they seem very legit, but i did not end up needing to use them.
You must only have one black key.
It maybe cost efective for you to have desmoporsche.com remove the immobilizer from your ecu. i think they charge $250 for this, but you need to send them your ecu.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the only issue is the key itself, i had a locksmith make a key but it's sort of a house key but works for the motorcycle lock mechanism., it does not have the transponder chip like normal keys. with the immobilizer disabled, would this key work or does the key still have to communicate with the guages?.. thank you for the help.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
If you remove the immobilizer, as long as the key turns the lock it will work. There are places that you can buy a blank key with a chip then take it to a locksmith that can clone it and cut it. Do a search for black key clone or other variations of cloning a key. This may not work if you only have one key that seems not to work right now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i remove the immobilizer function i can use the key i have without the chip? if so, i wont worry about getting a clone key with a chip...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts