Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in about 7 weeks I'm gonna get a used monster, either 620 or 750 depends what's out there when the time comes.
I'm a bit concerned about seattle area insurance prices, progressive is saying $1700 per year, thats more than my cage!!!
I'm 32 married great credit own a home and have 2 kids both under 6 so what gives???

thanks...
-Andrew

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey Andrew, welcome. It seems that a lot of people are getting different quotes from different sources sometimes from the same companies ???. I personally use Allstate, but I've heard other people say that Allstate is really high, but they were the lowest I could find (600-700/year). I know that people are using the online quote features of most insurance companies, and taking the printout into the local agents and getting that price, so that may be something to try. I know that prices vary widely from company to company and even agent to agent, so I'd shop around. Good luck.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congrats!!!!
You will love the monster, I do!!.
Your insurance seens to be expensive, I'm 29 with 2 tickets, my wife is 25 with 1 ticket and 1 claim and we pay $750 a year for hers (2001 M900 full coverage) and $275 for mine (1999 M900S, Minimun).
Shop around, check American family.
Welcome to the club!!! ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, insurance is a tough issue. I am with progressive and had full coverage until the jacked my rates through the roof. I went from $600 for full coverage to about $1300 from one year to the next with no accidents or tickets. They couldn't give me a real reason. To get it more reasonable, ~900, I had my deductable raised to $1000 from $250.

My conclusion was to dump the full coverage, stick with high liability and my rate is around $200 a year. I threw some frame sliders and bar sliders on to help me out, other than that, its in a garage and it's about 4k to 5k to replace. Although, I do add the full coverage sometimes when I'm going for long rides, etc. Progressives website allows you to make changes pretty easily.

Anyway, weigh the cost/benefit of insurance before you spend $1700 per year.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I agree. Just get liability because its cheap, and comprehensive (its cheap too) to gaurd against vandalism/theft. Full collision coverage will end up costing you the whole value of the bike in only a few years...

The way I figure it, if my options are go without collision and maybe lose the value of the bike if I crash, vs. pay the money to insurance either way, I pick option one.

Definetly make sure you have good health insurance though. Your body is worth more than the bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out GMAC thru Ride West. I pay 480 year.

28....one ticket but it was not my falt....who takes a 15 mph corner at 25 ::) Damn bike cop should know better..... :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
State Farm here, as well - full coverage is $350/year for an '02 M750S. I don't recall the deductibles off hand, but I think they're fairly standard.

·
Registered
852 Posts
State Farm. Christine/Michael Hutton in Factoria does a lot of Ducati bikes.

$325 a year Full Coverage and $250 deductible. 28, happily single, male, no ticket, no kids, good credit etc.

I have to insure the car with them as well to get that rate, though. And their car rate is not as low as Amica I used to be with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts