Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby was parked at work with the rain cover on in its own little space with two orange cones beside it.
When I went out to uncover her at 7:45pm, the cover was stuck under the front wheel, I thought that strange, cause I didn't put it on like that, then I looked down at the sidestand and it was slanted backwards instead of forward.... I thought " oh sh!t" grabbed the bike and the sidestand retracted!!!!!! Then with further inspection the bike was moved forward 3-4" off it's little concrete block( for the sidestand, driveway is stone)and the rear of the bike was moved over a few inches. The front tire butts up against a grassy hill.....So from what I could tell someone pulled in behind her , didn't see her, or couldn't drive, and the bumper of the car hit the rear tire and shoved her forward....what kept her from falling over, I don't know( probably her own will of not wanting to be laying on the ground!!)
Through as good of inspection as I could with just the pole light in the dark, everything seemed fine, chain tension seemed normal, lights worked, did a slow speed test, seemed to run fine, did a few weaves, seemed fine...slowly got to high speed, everything seemed fine ... So she was ONE LUCKY DUC!!! Tommorrow in the light of day and a work light , up on the stand , we will inspect more carefully!!!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Well! That Friggin Sux :mad: Deb, hope all is good in the light of day! How was your weekend? :)

H

·
0 Posts
That's 2 lucky monster stories in one week! I can hardly friggin stand it. PLAY LOTTO!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lets all do the lotto, play your LUCKY DUC number!!!

AllyCat, the weekend was great, it was a HD weekend , they had HD open house at the York, PA plant and we went there on Sat, with a couple of friends,then went to a bar that was having a bike show..we had a good time. and Sun we visited a dealer that has a new store and then took the long way home! Great weather too!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Glad some of my luck could be passed on DUCnHAR. Idiot drivers are far worse than falling trees

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Same thing happened to me years ago. Knocked my brand new 1983 CB1000 forward. Disc lock hiy the caliper and it stayed up balanced on a partially retracted centerstand. 60,000+ miles later that was the only mark on the bike when I sold it.

Sorry your baby got hit and glad she is tougher than she looks.

Doc

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have already set up that 3rd orange cone!! Whether it helps, I sure hope so!! They are paving the parking lot this week, I don;t know if that'll be worse or better, better than stone for the bike, but the cage drivers might come flying in then!!! I'll have to stick a stop sign in the top of the cone in the back, like the ones the crossing gaurds use!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts