Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I haven't posted here for a while--back when I was considering buying another Monster the first time. I continue to be a Monster enthusiast--having owned one between 99 and 01. I've now been through several more bikes since then trying to recapture the feeling I had riding that first Monster. I'm about to sell a really cool bike--Ural GearUp--in my quest to buy another Monster. The question I'm asking myself now: is this going to be a case of it being "never as good as the first time?"

Oh, and I guess I'm in the market for a Ducati Monster M900 or 1000. I'd prefer to get a red one like the '97 I used to have (with gold frame and low carbon pipes). I'm in Central Oregon (Bend). Anybody out there with a bike like that they want to sell?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK...so nobody chimed in...

But I DID sell the Ural. I AM on the lookout for a bike and I WILL go ride one today at noon (http://bend.craigslist.org/mcy/1396658328.html). I've seen this one once and the tires don't have much life left. Otherwise it looks and sounds clean. It's main competition right now is a Mv Agusta 750 Brutale I rode yesterday and absolutely can't get out of my head. Of course, the MV is $3500 more expensive. Anyone have any thoughts?

Was also wondering--has anyone put bar risers on a Monster? Do you need new lines or will it work without swapping them?

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
I build Monsters and have a nice 2004 M620 that I built for my wife but she's just not ready to ride a motorcycle. It was yellow, but I sent the tank and plastics in to my painter to get painted black with a yellow stripe. The work hasn't been done yet so I could have it painted any color scheme you want. The bike has between 6 and 8k, I don't remember. and has been completely gone through...frame up. I painted the frame/swinger/wheels/triples in the Ducati "dark" color. It has new tires and a nice exhaust. I have a ton of aftermarket parts too, so making this bike your own would be very easy.

I'm not too far from you...Auburn, CA...say 6 hours...the trip would be well worth it.

I'd like to get $4000 for it...painted however you like.

Give me a call me if you'd like to work a deal on this bike, or if you'd like for me to custom build you a bike.

Chris
DesMotion
1-916-628-0963
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts