Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post some pics of the new powder coating. Not a ton of parts; just the rear sprocket holder, rearsets, head light ring and headlight brackets.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey Mont,

Nice work, the black really compliments the bike.

Cheers,
Rob

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Thats pretty sweet, i was thinking of powdercoating red on mine...

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats pretty sweet, i was thinking of powder coating red on mine...
Thanks Jon,

If you can't find anyone in MA I had my parts powder coated at Performance Powder Coating in New Haven, CT. You can ship the parts to them and tell them what you want over the phone. Their turn around time is very quick and the quality is nice. If your interested ask for Joe when you call and mention Rob from Redding had his parts done there.

Rob

http://www.powdercoatingperformance.com/

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bike looks good. Do you think powder coating of the forks would have a thickness that would make re-assembly into the triples difficult. Or leave them scratched?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bike looks good. Do you think powder coating of the forks would have a thickness that would make re-assembly into the triples difficult. Or leave them scratched?
Powder coating definitely adds some thickness, although; it may still be possible to slide the tubes through the triples if you grease them and spread the clamps on the triples for more wiggle room.

Best bet is to show the triple clamps to your powder coater and get his feedback.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
how did you get the bushings out of the rearsets for the powdercoating? I was told that they had to be removed because the oven would wreck em.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like you complementing you. It looks like ****! Just kidding. Really that bike has some nice details goin' on. I think you sent me some pics of your bike once, but was it a different color? Anyway nice thinkin'.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts