Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple from last month's excursion to Jennings when I started dragging my knee a little bit. Avon AV 45/46 ST tires - gotta love them. Newly installed adjustable Showas from a 96 SS were working good, too.

Just added Cycle Cat clipons after that trip. Can't wait to try them on the track. I can feel a difference with the new riding position upon turn in and through the turn where I relax and let the bike follow it's own trajectory.

G

·
Lookin good. You'll love the clip-ons on the track, MUCH more condusive to ggod body position. Post some pics of those too!

I have a set of Ducati Perf. clip-ons I'm dying to put on my M900, but they won't fit under the stock triple clamp. Need to finds a used 900SS one. (I think... haven't checked into it fully yet heh).

Later.

G

·
nice pics! ditto that on the clip-ons... you'll be able to hunker over the tank a bit more to keep the front wheel planted with some more weight. i'm jealous though... the only pics i got from my trackday session were of the bike AFTER i tossed it down the front straight. maybe we'll try again this year!

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Looking at those pics really illustrates the low ride-height on Monster's.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, the pics show the hard parts are getting close. I did have an extra 1/2 inch ground clearance because I raised the front end on the fork legs to get the adjusters under the handlebar. I've let the front end back down to 10mm showing above the clamp because I liked the slower steering and don't want to go all the way back down to stock height. I may raise the rear height about 5-7mm at the adjusters to see what it does to turn in while increasing clearance a little. These changes have been well discussed in some previous threads and I'm interested in outcomes.

And yes, the bike does look little. I'm only 6'00" and 195 lbs, but a little long-waisted so it adds to the visual effect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts