Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
** SOLD ** - 2005 S2R 800 For Sale in Dallas-Fort Worth Area

This bike is sold.

I have a 2005 S2R for sale in Fort Worth, Texas - black with tangerine stripes, full Arrow carbon fiber exhaust. I purchased the bike new from Advanced Motor Sports in February '06, the 600 mile service was done by AMS, and the bike now has about 3,500 miles on it. It's in excellent condition, never dropped and always garaged. I also have a Ducati Performance side bag that's quite handy for commuting. Under warranty 'til February, 2008.

Asking $7,000 $6,750. PM me if interested. The pics below are a couple of months old - I've ridden about 1,000 more miles than are showing on the odometer.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Re: 2005 S2R 800 For Sale in Dallas-Fort Worth Area

Bump for a sweet ride ;D

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Re: *PRICE REDUCED* - 2005 S2R 800 For Sale in Dallas-Fort Worth Area

you're making me an offer it's very hard to refuse. great looking bike for that price.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts

Have you had the 2500 mile service done? And did you install a new ECU with the Arrow system?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

You're kidding, right? :mad: 10,000 kilometers converts to roughly 6,000 miles; not 2,500 miles. Did you do a 2,500 mile service on your S2R?

Installation of the Arrow exhaust on an '05 S2R did not require a new ECU. Did replace the air filter to improve air flow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Ducatissimo said:
you're making me an offer it's very hard to refuse. great looking bike for that price.
Ducatissimo, don't fight the urge. Ya gotta go with it!! >:D

·
Premium Member
865 Posts

i promised Household Six i'd wait to buy a Duc until after i got the next job. otherwise, you might have a sold sign ready to post.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts

My appologies. I confused the run in period with the required services :-[ I think I had always planned on taking mine in for an oil change and general once over once the run-in was complete. But I checked the manual and it's not due back in until 6k miles. I was asking because I love my new bike and I'm trying to find one for my brother in Houston. I've been telling him about yours. Anyway, best of luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

No sweat, TD. I did have my oil changed for the second time at approximately 3,000 miles (first time at the 600 mile service).

The S2R is a great bike. I'm only selling mine because I bought a new Speed Triple about six weeks ago and I don't need two naked sport bikes.

-Kevin

·
Premium Member
449 Posts

That's cool. Sorry to here the Monster lost out. :'(

Sent you a PM.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts

I was not able to reach you by phone I got your answering machine, I will call again tomorrow around 10:30 am [thumbsup]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts