Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Retiring from roadracing; looking to replace this Gixxer with a Monster streetbike.

The bike is located in upstate NY, has a clear title and is currently in race trim. It has about 7 or 8 race weekends on it total (1500 miles on odo). It is very well set up, carefully maintained, and extremely fast. Makes a great roadracer but it is time for me to hang it up.

-Rob
[email protected]

Extras on the bike are:

Arata full titanium exhaust
PCIII
Sato adjustable rearsets
GPR rotary steering damper
Vortex sprockets & 520 chain
GP Composites bodywork
Woodcraft clip-ons
Penske triple rear shock
LSL frame sliders
Thermosman forks
Steel-braided brake lines & Vesrah pads

Spares included with the bike are:

Pit Bull front & rear stands
Spare front & rear gearing, handlebars, new oil & filters, brake pads, etc.
Suzuki factory service manual

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 2004 GSXR 1000 roadracer in NY: For Sale or trade for Monster 900

As for $$, I have it listed at $7,400 OBO in Roadracing World. But all serious offers will considered, of course.

Uploading some photos too...

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 2004 GSXR 1000 roadracer in NY: $6500/BO or trade for Monster

Modified the subject line to drop the asking price as racing season approaches... I can help with delivery.

Looking to pick up a Monster 695 or S2R...

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

No, unfortunately I don't have the original plastic, lights, or mirrors; just kickstand and rear fender / license mount.

The title is in my name, so to street this it would need a tail light, headlight, mirrors and turn signals.

(If I don't find a buyer in its current form, I will pick up those items, cut the race plastic to accommodate them, register it and probably sell it as a streetbike locally.)

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The Gixxer is now street-legal. I put a single 3.5" Dominator headlight (from fly-n-cycle) in the lower nose, between the ram-air intakes; LED taillight w/integrated turn-signal function; small cateye-shaped mirrors w/ integrated signals. Should be registered/inspected in NYS within a week or two after I make the trim all nice and neat. I'll have a bolt-on plate to cover the headlight hole for trackday/racing use. [Regular numbers still fit above the small headlight (nice if you're doing 24-hour endurance racing...)] Should make a great street/track bike.

Still looking for a monster trade (or trade-plus-cash)... Anything from older carbureted 900's to the 695...

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yep, I'll put some post-modification photos up here later this week, once I get the finishing trim in place around the headlight.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: 2004 GSXR 1000 (race or street) in NY: $6500/BO or trade for Monster

Uploading some photos. Front signals are in the mirrors; rear signals are integrated in the tail light as yellow LED's.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Final photos. The red plate being held up next to the tail light covers the light hole when racing. I'll have a white one for the headlight hole also.

·
Registered
129 Posts

sorry, off topic but are those Emgo mirrors? I'm doing the same thing with my 03 GsXR 1000. I couldn't sell it as a track bike so I sold some parts and I'm gonna ride it on the street for this year. Then I want to trade for a Monster. ...Annd I from upstate NY!

coincidence huh? ;D

Gavin

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Nope, those mirrors are from the Fly-n-Cycle website, I don't know who makes them but I don't think it is Emgo. From the response to this post it looks like I'll be riding this Gixxer around Rochester NY this summer instead of a monster. Currently modifying the headlight mounting bracket to pull the headlight back in behind the cowling so it doesn't stick out, and cover the hole with some transparent lexan or some other such thing. Should make it look a little cleaner, a little more like stock.

Look for the red No. 74 Gixxer around NY this summer.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

rshelton61 said:
Currently modifying the headlight mounting bracket to pull the headlight back in behind the cowling so it doesn't stick out, and cover the hole with some transparent lexan or some other such thing. Should make it look a little cleaner, a little more like stock.

great idea . that, would totally make it look better [thumbsup]. wasn't too fond of it sticking out :-\

1 - 17 of 17 Posts