Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, coming from the flatlands of the midwest....you guys got some wonderful scary twisty roads out here...I'm talking Decker, Latigo, Mulholland, etc....first few rides were took
pretty carefully....it's a long ways down..... ::)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Eric....yep never know how tight or what's around the corner...
thought I had to concentrate before.....I saw the pashnit.com on the ach post thanks wonderful info.....and willow is not that far away either....I think I am in heaven...I have to pinch myself when I head out..... :)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I get giddy thinking about it. Then I think of the 5 or 6 weekends in a row I've been forced to work and I want to blow my brains out. My monster is gathering DUST!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Hey, there's no embarassment in being intimidated by ACH or Latigo....

ACH is very fast, choppy in spots, and the shadows are disturbing.
That's why it's not my favorite road.....

I think Latigo is absolutely a blast, other than the really bumpy part at the bottom. I think the whole Glendora Mountain Road-Glendora Ridge Road loop is just some [email protected]$$ pavement.

My dad lives up in the hills above Pasadena, and I spent 10 years riding or driving a road much like Latigo-GMR-GRR several times a day...so it's pretty familiar stuff to me.

If you're coming from the 'flats' like you guys, it's going to take a while to get comfortable.

Retro, you're in the middle of some high-octane canyon roads, there's plenty of fun roads that are a little less intense. There's stretches of GMR-GRR that you can see a long ways ahead, and it's really fun.

Just remember, look where you_want_to go. If you look at the guardrail or the edge of the road, that's where you're going to go....

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep I sure am in the midst of some fine tar.....every ride is getting better......just not sure where the leo's are and what's around every corner yet.....but your link to what's wrong with this picture scared me more then then any of the canyon roads so far!!!!!!! :eek:
I haven't jumped like that in a long time......and I was just turning up the volume.....I've been punked!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Jeez... :-[
Didn't figure I'd nab_you_with that one....read my following post on that thread.

There's a pretty twisted mind at work on that site, and I like it.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Dont worry about Retro, he gets his panties in a bunch easily :p

Did I mention 6 days ;D

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Dont worry about Retro, he gets his panties in a bunch easily :p

Did I mention 6 days ;D
No, it was a flat out ambush....if I had gotten tonyj, It wouldn't have bothered me a bit [smiley=evil.gif]
----------------------------------------------
So, that's next Wednesday/Thursday?
I'll alert the authorities.....

It'll be good to have another SoCal Monster in the fold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts