Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they kind of hosed me on a new set of termis...they advertised on ebay a complete set of low carbon termiswith ecu and airbox lid/filter, I buy it and get only the cans! wtf? now they are telling me too bad and you got what you paid for...they listed it wrong. They want mne to buy the ecu at dealer cost now...I am not a happy camper, so i say i want a call tag and the parts guy says no...what an asshole. Not a good experience

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
yeah i would threadten them as well... I would contact Ebay to see what they can do for you as well.

That place sucks worse the more i hear about it!!

Act fast as it the ebay ad could disapear.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
if you payed with paypal or your credit card you can always stop payment and file a complaint through them as well.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Yeah, that sounds like the Matison that I know. Defiitely report it to E-Bay. The BBB is a good idea just to keep a record, but they don't really do a whole lot. Your credit card company will also help resolve the dispute if you contest the charges.

Make sure you print out the e-bay page as well to show what they had up before if gets taken down.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Looking at that ad and some of there other auctions I'm guessing they were only meaning to sale the termi cans because that is one hell of a price you got for all that ****. They probably mis-listed the item and now they are trying to screw you over Make sure you save the auction page and contact eBay, Paypal, and whomever else was involved.

From what I've heard, the parts guys over there probably don't even know what an ECU is. Good luck and it sucks that you have to deal with those assclowns.

·
Banned
322 Posts
Man, that sucks. If they honestly incorrectly listed the item, they should just let you off the hook. It's a great price and I would have been leery just from it being way too good of a deal. It was their mistake and they should owe up.

As a side note, they have my Duc again, as the electrical gremlins are still plaguing it. It got towed off again. Matison's is the closest dealer, so that's where it went. This the second tow on the same problem. If it happens again, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Ken

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
minkman said:
Man, that sucks. If they honestly incorrectly listed the item, they should just let you off the hook. It's a great price and I would have been leery just from it being way too good of a deal. It was their mistake and they should owe up.

As a side note, they have my Duc again, as the electrical gremlins are still plaguing it. It got towed off again. Matison's is the closest dealer, so that's where it went. This the second tow on the same problem. If it happens again, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Ken
Take it to Charlotte!!! ;D

·
Registered
271 Posts
They are not a BBB member. But it appears the BBB contacted them on the complaints filed at the BBB.
4 complaints in the last 36 month's (nice)
here is a report from the BBB.
BBB Report

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
they are gonna step up and do the right thing, replace the kit...the other silencers were just picked up and they said they reordered the right setup today.Kudos to them if this is true [clap]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
nickg said:
they are gonna step up and do the right thing, replace the kit...the other silencers were just picked up and they said they reordered the right setup today.Kudos to them if this is true [clap]
I still won't take my business to them.

Any dealer only part I need comes from Ducati Seattle.

Super nice guys, the parts arrive on my doorstep (I don't have to go to Raleigh to pick them up), and the Ti Member discount covers the cost of shipping. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
looks like they ****ed me...instead of doing what they siad they were gonna do(get me the right kit) they took the easy route and just refunded me $. had I known they would do this, I would not have sent them back..I feel played. ****ing Ducati dealers!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
nickg said:
looks like they ****ed me...instead of doing what they siad they were gonna do(get me the right kit) they took the easy route and just refunded me $. had I known they would do this, I would not have sent them back..I feel played. ****ing Ducati dealers!
Now now, don't lump all Ducati dealers in with the pricks at Matison. Sorry they hosed you. I have not yet heard of anyone who's had a really positive experience at that place. I hope you can get your stuff somewhere else at a good price.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts