Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love riding in colorado. hell thats where i learn to ride. cold cold cold.. but if i go back to ride where can i meet up with some guys to do some serious riding. somewhere like pikes peak area or denver area.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Our next planned group trip to CO will be at the end of the month to coincide with the AMA Superbike races at PPIR.

Most of us are taking the scenic route up to Co. Springs on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. We'll watch the races Saturday Afternoon and Sunday. Sunday afternoon we're running to Gunnison to spend the night and then we'll ride around in southwest CO on Monday.

I think we'll have something like 15 bikes heading up from Santa Fe, so we'll ride in several groups.

--Fillmore

·
Registered
91 Posts
when you say you'll be visiting the springs, you talking about glenwood springs? I live just outside Aspen, I can't make it all the way to PPIR for the races, I have to do stuff around here. But I definitely have time for a ride with the crew for a while, let me know if you'll be in the area

Dave

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nevermind, I just reread your post and saw you are going to Colorado Springs. Anyway, let me know if you'll be in the area

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
We've been talking about making a run up to Aspen for pizza... I've got to let my head heal a little more before I can ride, but I'll definitely let you know when we're headed your way.

--Fillmore

R

·
0 Posts
8) Just wanted to let any other Colorado Springs area riders know that its getting lonely cruising the Duck by myself.
Where is everybody??!!
Marcus

M

·
0 Posts
There are plenty of Monster owners in the Springs, Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza sells many, one of the salesmen there rides an 02 900. Ask those guys....

A comment on the name of this club- desert-dwelling, flatlander wannabees ;D

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
A comment on the name of this club- desert-dwelling, flatlander wannabees ;D
This was taken 5 minutes from my house and halfway to the local ski area, so I'm not really a flatlander/desert dweller. :p
http://www.pasta-rocket.com/images/calendar1.jpg

(I also used to live in Aurora, Co., so I know what flatlanders are ;D)

Actually, My hope was that more Coloradans would get involved and send me ride routes, events, plan rides, etc... And to be honest, I'd like to have done a lot more riding in Colorado this year, but work and other commitments have interfered with both my longer distance riding, and working on the website.

--Fillmore

M

·
0 Posts
I'd say that living in Aurora qualifies you as desert dweller as well. I don't have any preplanned routes, I live in the mountains, I just go out and ride...

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I just had a nice ride up and down Goldengate Canyon between Golden and Boulder. I also like Deer Creek Canyon.
P.S. Damn "Rev" nice flames! And I love those rotors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts