Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have your forum now, so sound off!

I learned to ride in Utah, but moved to where the better jobs are and also discovered better riding at the same time. My nephew in Sandy has a 999 that he would probably let me borrow next time I come to Utah, if I can remember to bring my riding gear with me. I check in once in a while with http://www.utahsba.com/forum/ mainly to keep in touch with what's happening in the area.

So, would all of the Utah Monster (and other Ducati) riders please respond so we can see how big of a group you are?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Congrats on the new board!!! ;D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Scott-

We're a bit slow on the DML traffic now as it's still a bit early in the season, I think. However, I'd say we have about 8 weenies like myself who seem to spend a decent amount of time here and then about 6 others that pop in from time to time. Then, I've ridden with a few other Monster riders in the area who are not on the DML but want to (just lazy).

You shouldn't have left for better work-things have been getting better here, at least in my opinion. I guess it depends on what you do. I'm a corporate weenie. Work for GE going on 9 years. Yikes. :-[ :-\

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
I know i used to be a "pop off" for a while... but i think i can be classified as a weenie now! [laugh] Anyway, im down in Lehi, but i will ride ANYWHERE! ;D Grew up in San Diego, learned to ride out in the desert, crashed enough, thought id try it on the pavement. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
979 Posts
I grew up in Orem, and moved to Provo just a few years ago (Orem is much better than Provo).

I'm on here all the time as I'm job searching now that school is out.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
SLC, nextdoor to some sweet canyon rides (once the roads are clear) :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Scott R. Nelson said:
You have your forum now, so sound off!
HoooAAAHHH! Or whatever we're supposed to do to sound off.

The group's growing and thanks to Michael Moore for finally sectioning this area off.

Scott, whenever you're in the area, get in touch!

-Brad

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm in salt lake with a black s2r800. Lurked around the old post for a while but never said anything because I have been riding for less than a year and just wanted to go at my own pace learning. Thought I'd introduce myself at least and I'd be interested to start riding with more people and riding different places. The name is Kevin by the way.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
pintsizejesus said:
I'm in salt lake with a black s2r800. Lurked around the old post for a while but never said anything because I have been riding for less than a year and just wanted to go at my own pace learning. Thought I'd introduce myself at least and I'd be interested to start riding with more people and riding different places. The name is Kevin by the way.
Glad you posted up! [thumbsup]

We will try to take it easy on ya... >:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Haha cool, I'll do my best to keep up staying within my limits. I usually ride with a guy that is on the hypermotard S that Salt Lake Motorsports decked out or his monster 1000. He is out of town a lot so I don't have many people to ride with. I'm sure if he is in town he would want to come riding though.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Welcome, Kevin. All I can say is swing by when we meet sometime and see how it goes. There really isn't any smack talk unless you ask for it and no one gets pushed to go faster. Give it a try. It surprised me how fun it can be when you meet up with a bunch of other Monster riders.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah I am excited to ride with some other ducati people, I just don't have any experience with riding in groups of more than 2. So I would have to learn how you guys do it etc.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
pintsizejesus said:
Yeah I am excited to ride with some other ducati people, I just don't have any experience with riding in groups of more than 2. So I would have to learn how you guys do it etc.
no worries, just as long as you know where the throtle and breaks are you will be fine. ;D

in all honesty, not a big deal.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just go last or second to last and mind your skill level. If you can't keep up, don't. However, it's a good way to pick up techniques (good or bad ::) ) and learn a lot. Plus, riders ahead point out roadkill, :police:, and other things that can affect your ride.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Kevin! I only started riding a year ago this month!! I've only been on one group ride with 4 people! - Good starting point. But, I'm gonna start going when it gets nice out... so you won't be alone! [thumbsup]

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
msuXplant said:
Just go last or second to last and mind your skill level. If you can't keep up, don't. However, it's a good way to pick up techniques (good or bad ::) ) and learn a lot. Plus, riders ahead point out roadkill, :police:, and other things that can affect your ride.
or a heard of sheep

·
Registered
465 Posts
Capn's serious. No worries, though. We only run down the black sheep....... w/o helmets. :-\ ;)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts