Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Well I went and looked at the before pics and there wasnt one on the bike. So unless we come up with one thats it.

Oh yeah, I know what I did wrong and broke the bike :(

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
ducman851 said:
Well I went and looked at the before pics and there wasnt one on the bike. So unless we come up with one thats it.

Oh yeah, I know what I did wrong and broke the bike :(
Was it the drinking and working on it? ::)

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Seems Im an idiot and got bit by not checking my work and assumed it was perfect.

Forward belt was off 3 teeth and I bent the intake valve a cracked a guide. So I ordered a new guide and valve. Should be here by the end of next week. Yes I have a couple sets of heads but the head thats on there is in really good cond and I want to keep it with the bike.

:(

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
ducman851 said:
Seems Im an idiot and got bit by not checking my work and assumed it was perfect.

Forward belt was off 3 teeth and I bent the intake valve a cracked a guide. So I ordered a new guide and valve. Should be here by the end of next week. Yes I have a couple sets of heads but the head thats on there is in really good cond and I want to keep it with the bike.

:(
at least you were able to figure it out!
and it's only the forward cylinder?

[thumbsup]

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
The irony is it ran fine before-if less work was done it'd would've worked.

I think the lesson here is "never try".

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
if it makes you feel any better, i've done the same thing.

of course i had only taken the belts off of the bike 1 time before that, and had never done any engine work on the duc before ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts