Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for being paranoid but what mods would void a warranty? I'm thinking about slipons and removing the emissions....I just don't want to jack things up and void my warranty, yes I am paranoid, but I did cut the tags off my mattress.

gnew

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think any thing shy of electrical changes and engine mods like pistons, you should be ok. I have modded the hell out of my bike and did not void the warrenty.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
i've never heard of DNA voiding a warranty for pipes or a missing cannister. in theory, they could if it is the root cause of the problem. it also helps if your dealer is cooperative.

by the way, the tag is still on my mattress.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Ducati Performance Catalog lables all the parts that "void warranty". This includes things like performance exhaust systems which are, strictly speaking, designed for race track use.

But as Howie says it is pretty much up to your dealer, as they are the one making any warranty claim back to the factory on your behalf.

G

·
It depends on what the warranty claim is. For example, if you install a set of slipons and the next week your battery pukes or a wheel bearing goes out, it's obviously not related. There's US law that protects consumers in this fashion, it's the Moss-Magnuson Act. Any search engine should bring it up. It's referenced on K&N packaging.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts