Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody loves the Motodemic kits, ok. But they are not cheap. I see motowheels has set for much cheaper but I don't know what anyone thinks of them. Then there are the Amzaon LED headlights as well as LED bulbs.

I'm just sick of the very very poor light output at night and don't want to crash because I didn't see something or someone didnt see me. What options are there?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good question. I'm guessing the removable housing. At least it looks removable. It's OEM and I'm on a 2004 S4R

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's a good question. I'm guessing the removable housing. At least it looks removable. It's OEM and I'm on a 2004 S4R
If the lens is glass and not plastic, it should be fairly easy to swap out with something else either LED or halogen.

·
Registered
943 Posts
There are a ton of choices. Just shop around the online motorcycle parts store of your choice. Practically anything will fit . Just choose a price range. My S4RS had dual headlights
when I bought it. I switched back to a 7-1/2” round LED type in minutes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm in the market for a new one as well. I happened upon a nice Buell bucket a while back at a swap meet for $5. Practically NOS, very good shape. Nice and stout. Much thinner profile than the factory unit too. Giving more room for the mess of wiring behind there. Fitted it with a Cibie light unit and loved it. Got to enjoy it for a few months before I managed to break it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Everybody loves the Motodemic kits, ok. But they are not cheap. I see motowheels has set for much cheaper but I don't know what anyone thinks of them. Then there are the Amzaon LED headlights as well as LED bulbs.

I'm just sick of the very very poor light output at night and don't want to crash because I didn't see something or someone didnt see me. What options are there?
I'm using one of these with the Motodemic mounting ring kit https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074PQ8T2B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works fine. It's better than stock but I don't do much night riding either so...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not sure what bulb size you have, but you could just replace the bulb with an LED bulb like I did. Mine was an H7 on a 2010 Monster. Sylvania now makes them and they are excellent. Worked amazing, twice as bright as stock. See my post.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't go for the cheap ebay or Amazon LED's. They do put out more light but their focal point is different from the Halogens your headlight reflector was designed for so you'll get an irregular beam with light all over the place. I like the Sylvania Zevo idea

·
Registered
78 Posts
Don't go for the cheap ebay or Amazon LED's. They do put out more light but their focal point is different from the Halogens your headlight reflector was designed for so you'll get an irregular beam with light all over the place. I like the Sylvania Zevo idea
Yeah, the ZEVO lets you adjust the angle. The reflector in the M696 is horizontal, so I lined up the 2 LED's on the ZEVO bulb to be horizontal. Light pattern is very good, just like stock.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not sure what bulb size I have either. Searches dont turn up anything but I'm leaning on H7. That Amazon projector style is tempting though. Especially for $60. I can get a motodemic bucket for $80 and pop it in that.

But I like the idea of swapping the bulb more and keeping the stock look. I just can't find a Sylvania where just 1 bulb is for sale. I don't feel like throwing an extra $60 on an experiment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts