Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that MSRP for the 1098 is $3K lower than for the '06 999 and $1K more than the '06 749, any guesses or real information as to how the older SBKs will be cleared out? I know, I'm ignoring potential markup on the new bike, but still, who's going to pay anywhere near current sale prices for the '06 bikes? Seems like it there would have to be factory direct incentives involved somehow?

If the price is right (here comes the Monster content), I might be tempted to trade in my '05 S2R.... Being short of inseam, that 33.5" seat height on the 1098 is one not so hot spec for me and I've just finally gotten used to the looks of the older bikes.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Rick said:
Given that MSRP for the 1098 is $3K lower than for the '06 999 and $1K more than the '06 749, any guesses or real information as to how the older SBKs will be cleared out? I know, I'm ignoring potential markup on the new bike, but still, who's going to pay anywhere near current sale prices for the '06 bikes? Seems like it there would have to be factory direct incentives involved somehow?

If the price is right (here comes the Monster content), I might be tempted to trade in my '05 S2R.... Being short of inseam, that 33.5" seat height on the 1098 is one not so hot spec for me and I've just finally gotten used to the looks of the older bikes.
i think the dealers HAVE BEEN pretty aggressive with their existing stock in anticipation of this "price drop".

i don't recall seeing any superbikes at my local dealer when i was there a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The prices for this years 999 have been dropped at my local dealer he tried to get me to buy one which, if I had the cash I would. Think he said the price of those bikes were lowered to 12,000 or 13,000.

-ghost

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
You're not going to find too many 999/749 sbks left around the place unless you're in a remote area (with a dealership). There's a 749R in at Ducati NYC, not sure what price they're letting it go for but it's an amazing bike.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, it has been a while since I was in the local shops - and at that time, the superbikes were not moving too well. $12K for a 999 doesn't sound too bad. Anyone know what a decent price for a regular 749 is currently?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
desmodevil said:
I went to my dealer today and was chatting with them about the 1098 and 999 pricing. A few points: the 749 will not be produced. Their are in fact 200 999's crated in the US currently. There is some discussion of of DNA giving 2k back to the dealers to help them with the stock.
Not sure about the 749 ending. Ducati is considering fielding the 749 in AMA FX, piloted by Pegram. The displacement rule change has them considering it.http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Nov/061113s.htm

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
fasterblkduc said:
Not sure about the 749 ending. Ducati is considering fielding the 749 in AMA FX, piloted by Pegram. The displacement rule change has them considering it.http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Nov/061113s.htm
motorcycles don't necessarily have to be currently in production to satisfy equipment regulations to race.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts