1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
544 Posts
hmm....that article is encouraging. If he can rehab everything properly, maybe he'll be a better rider next year, than he was this year.

I know Nicky is tough, but I'm not sure how much of this is true and how much is sensational reporting. We already knew that Nicky was going to have to have the metal plates taken out because he jacked them up in the fall at Estoril. And how bad could his injuries really be, if it only took 45 minutes to fix it.

I'm not an expert on surgery, but I know 45 minutes is short.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
my girlfriend's torn meniscus surgery took 32 minutes.... some stuff doesn't take as long as on ER.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
mylexicon said:
hmm....that article is encouraging. If he can rehab everything properly, maybe he'll be a better rider next year, than he was this year.

I know Nicky is tough, but I'm not sure how much of this is true and how much is sensational reporting. We already knew that Nicky was going to have to have the metal plates taken out because he jacked them up in the fall at Estoril. And how bad could his injuries really be, if it only took 45 minutes to fix it.

I'm not an expert on surgery, but I know 45 minutes is short.
It's not a difficult surgery, especially for a doctor who specializes in such cases (as Dr. Ting does). It's just a painful injury, the shoulder is one of the worst areas to injure...

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Melodramatic...Dr. Ting and therapist Nguyen ought to hop over to my neck of the woods and pay Barbaro a visit - now there's an athlete...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts