Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems like i need a jet kit now, no way will i pay for someone to jet my 2000 750, so i'll be doing it myself. whats the best jet kit and what jet size should i need

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS i only have MODDED PIPES on my bike but an open airbox with a bmc/k&n filter

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have the same question ... except i have a 99 M750

I have aftermarket pipes (not sure if slipons or full) and a K&N Filter.

I'm new to the motorcycle scene so i'm not really sure if i should re-jet or possibly get new carbs. how much gain will i get from new carbs vs. a re-jet?

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Well,i thing you should prefer Dynojet Stage 1 jet kit when you have modded pipes and Stage 2 if you have a good set of aftermarket pipes-open airbox-K&N or BMC air-filter .Putting on a K&N filter or cutting your airbox without putting a jet kit at the same time ,will make your bike run leaner so you lose actually performance. If you put on your bike a nice set of what i told above you will gain a noticeable performance and the sense that your bike is smoother at all RPM range .My opinion is get the job done well or don't do it at all .Hope i helped a bit .

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
The Factory Pro jet kit is easier to deal with than Dynojet and you don't have to worry about getting stage 1 or stage 2, since everything you need is in the kit. It will come with the right jets if you get the one for your particular bike.

See the FAQ on this site for details on installation.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
This has been discussed on the board many a time bu tthe factory was "denounced" by my local dealer, as some have said on this fourum due to the needles rounding out the jets prematurely.

Then again, many say the dynojet runs too rich, which is on top of the above complaints of an incomplete kit.

Point is, not all factory kits are equal. Do some homewhork and asking around before picking one.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
If I were rebuilding a set of carburetors right now, I would order a new set of needle jets (emulsion tubes) too, while I'm in there. New ones from Factory Pro are supposed to wear better than the stock ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts