Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and brought home a new bike. ;)




I'll update a bit more after work. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm reeeallllly hoping to keep this a lower mileage bike... though it's already past 600 miles since Friday...

This may be a losing battle. [laugh]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
[thumbsup] Congrats on your new ride!

More pics and ride report please :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alrighty, quick ride report;

Picked up the bike from Pro Italia at 9 or so in the morning on Friday, got the "This is how this works, this button does this" speech, and screwed out of there by 10:30.
Headed up Angels Crest Highway for a bit of break in.





Did 40 or so miles up and back. Very very fun road. [thumbsup]

Then hopped on the highway and lanesplit my way over to Malibu to meet Luca at a Starbucks.



Grabbed some food at an awesome mexican place, then Luca went back to work and directed me towards some local roads to kill time till he got off.



I had fun on said local roads. >:D

After he got off work we went for a loop up to the Rockstore.







And caused general havoc with the locals.

Then came the food, drinking, cute girls, and strip clubs, but that's non-moto related, so no sense in talking about it. :angel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saturday, after a lengthy period of recovery, I thanked Luca and got back on the road heading towards SLO.



And of course got rained on. [laugh]

And of course the road was muddy.



So it took me a whole 24 hours before I started abusing the new bike. [cheeky]

Road to SLO was pretty uneventful, got there, grabbed some food, and passed out.

Sunday morning, still passed out.

Sunday around 1pm, good enough time to get up. [laugh]

Got going up 1 to try and make it to Monterery before dark.

Didn't quuiiittee make it.



As the sun starts to set North of Cambria.





By the time I got to Big Sur it was pitch black and I was having a ball. So much less disconcerting when you can't see the 1000 foot cliff on the edge of the road. [thumbsup]

Made it back to PA round 8 or so last night, introduced the MV to the Duc, and decided to call it a weekend. ;D

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
Your MV is all engine :eek: Nice pics and report [thumbsup] The Duc and MV look so cute together [laugh]

Next moto and strip club outing, count me in >:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
684 Posts
Wow, sweet bike man [thumbsup]

Sounds like we were making our way up towards Monterey at about the same time. I pulled over to change face shields when the sun was just setting, like in your pic, and came through Big Sur not long after dark. I must have been a little ways behind you since I pulled into Santa Cruz at a little after 8:00 for a short break.

Early on in the ride I was eyeing all those canyons heading up from Malibu and vicinity, wishing I had time to take a detour.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,040 Posts
Congrats! Good to see the new bike is getting dirty already. Wouldn't want the duc to think you have a favorite.

Which exhaust is on the bike? What are your mod plans? Frame sliders?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
240 Posts
By PA do you mean Palo Alto?

If so, I'm from there. Grew up around Middlefield and Colorado.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
So yeah I'm pretty jealous of all these cool bikes everyone is buying here on the board... we'll all have to do a road trip down 1 to SLO then down to Santa Maria for the only local Strip Club.. The Spearmint Rhino...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
219 Posts
[thumbsup] Very Nice 8)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,490 Posts
Ducky said:
Your MV is all engine :eek: Nice pics and report [thumbsup] The Duc and MV look so cute together [laugh]

Next moto and strip club outing, count me in >:D

...what strip club? ??? i dont think they have any around here...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Humbaba said:
Wow, sweet bike man [thumbsup]

Sounds like we were making our way up towards Monterey at about the same time. I pulled over to change face shields when the sun was just setting, like in your pic, and came through Big Sur not long after dark. I must have been a little ways behind you since I pulled into Santa Cruz at a little after 8:00 for a short break.

Early on in the ride I was eyeing all those canyons heading up from Malibu and vicinity, wishing I had time to take a detour.
Any chance you were riding with a few other BWM owners?
Saw a group pass through SLO at one point in the day, then I passed them in Morro Bay.
And yes, you should have headed into the canyons. >:D

enzo said:
Congrats! Good to see the new bike is getting dirty already. Wouldn't want the duc to think you have a favorite.

Which exhaust is on the bike? What are your mod plans? Frame sliders?
Still have the stock exhaust installed, but to my surprise the race exhaust was there waiting for me at PI. Turns out the thing showed up the day before I did. ;D
Might be dropping it in next weekend. 8)

r8pistol said:
By PA do you mean Palo Alto?

If so, I'm from there. Grew up around Middlefield and Colorado.

Yup yup, moved here not too long ago. [thumbsup]

DanTheMan said:
sweet bike, cant wait to see it up close!
When was that bike night you and Sid were talking about?

Mostrobelle said:
I'll call dibs on first cupcake ride...unless he's willing to hand over the keys for 15 minutes. ;D
You got it...You'll have to arm wrestle me for the keys [cheeky]


lucazuma said:
...what strip club? ??? i dont think they have any around here...
Just lots of fun roads. ;D

ptam28 said:
Congrats!
Enabler. [laugh]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
684 Posts
Jammen said:
Any chance you were riding with a few other BWM owners?
Saw a group pass through SLO at one point in the day, then I passed them in Morro Bay.
And yes, you should have headed into the canyons. >:D
No, I was solo the whole way. But I did see a group of two or three other GS riders headed south just before I got to Morro Bay.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top