Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have no left over parts
i couldn't figure out how some of the wires were routed so i made up my own path and just made sure nothing was pinched anywhere.
i realized that i need some stuff thanks to my lay down in oct
  • right rear-set with brake pedal
  • lower header pipe (the bracket that holds it in place got bent
  • left side control unit

anyone have any of these? i'm willing to plan your next party or pay if needed. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i don't want to jinx myself, so i'll just say the battery is being charged while i'm at work today.

when i get the replacement parts it will be rideable again.

well, technically it's rideable now. everything works, it jsut doesn't all fit together correctly and the brake light stays on because of the rearset and brake pedal getting bent a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Travis, that's great news! [clap]

Sorry, but I don't have any of the parts you're looking for, though. Good luck!

I feel better knowing it will be back on the street soon.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Travis, can any of the bent parts be salvaged (i.e. straightened up)? I've got a pretty comprehensive tool array and some big f'n hammers.....

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
blonde1over said:
Travis, can any of the bent parts be salvaged (i.e. straightened up)? I've got a pretty comprehensive tool array and some big f'n hammers.....
yeah Trav, you should try that first, it may work just fine and cost....a couple of six-packs or something ;D

f'n parts are costly, the bent gear lever I replaced on my old duc cost me like ....$ 60.00 and rear set will prolly run ya maybe

$ 200.00

good luck, happy to hear duc is brought to life again [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
greg mo said:
yeah Trav, you should try that first, it may work just fine and cost....a couple of six-packs or something ;D

f'n parts are costly, the bent gear lever I replaced on my old duc cost me like ....$ 60.00 and rear set will prolly run ya maybe

$ 200.00

good luck, happy to hear duc is brought to life again [thumbsup]
shhh, don't jinx it. i havne't actually gotten it started yet. i'm headed out to see if i have enough gas left to do so now.

blonde1over said:
idk if they can be salvaged. honestly i'm not entirely sure where to bend the exhaust back to, and if the rearset is bent thent hat will be a PITA to try to put back in place...plus that is an area that i don't want to weaken the metal.
the brake pedal can prob be bent back if i can get the dam thing off. ::)

i will welcom any help i can get with beer or food. sometimes both. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
[clap] [clap] [clap]

I kinda knew it, ;)

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mdriver said:
NICE [clap] [clap]

So what was the culprit?

I don't have any of the parts you many need, but I wish I did.
Cause then I could taunt you with them. >:D
apparently the barrel has a bit of a lip on it. the fresh o-rings push it up a bit further.

i was told that the gap is normal for a bit esp since you cna't see through the actual cylinder.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
nice work homeboy. good to hear those pipes again >:D

now if you ever pull this shiat again we will collectively beat the snot out of ya! ;D

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
congrats!!!! Travis....good work!!! [clap] [clap] [clap]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts