Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: I made my reservation for my truck to move in Sept. Since then my wife confirmed the res. with Budget 2x. I go in tonite to get it and, guess what.....they have no reservation or truck!!! I knew this was going too easy. After 2 hours on the phone with Budget the best they can do right now is try to find a truck and get it to me tomorrow sometime. I think Im gonna kill something.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Tell 'em to stuff it where the sun don't shine ?
Rent a truck from U-Haul?

That really sucks. You_will_be rewarded in the future for getting caned now.

Keep us posted. Good Luck!!!

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I would demand some compensation for the inconvenience and if they are not willing to pony up with something you should take your business elsewhere.

I

R

·
0 Posts
my bad.......I shoulda asked you what truck you were getting.....I researched that very thing...and heard of many horror stories with budget and uhaul.....uh if it doesn't work out call twin city alignment and get a penske truck.....all their one way trucks are pretty much new, and guarenteed there..I believe they will also meet anyone's price....we got such a great deal on ours, and the people here and there were great to deal with....anyways try call them, see if they can help you tell them your story.they had a board up with stories just like yours, so I am assumng they have saved others...they are off university by tower hill....or try pensketruck.com
All the penske trucks we saw waved at is...felt like I was on a motorcycle or something....sorry to hear about the situation....you gonna need help unloading out here?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well got the truck and car trailer, but now it gets even better. Im driving down the freeway and it seems the guy who hooked up the trailer didnt tighten the clamp down to secure the trailer to the ball. I lost the trailer at 55mph and about almost killed several people. Thank God no one hit it or got into an accident. Got a new trailer and we are loading now.
I think Ill be double, no triple checking everything from now on.
Expect a full detail on it soon, see you guys on Dec 12th for the show :)

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally the truck is loaded. Ill be seeing sunny SoCal in about 40 hours :)

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Glad to hear that you'll be on your way soon!

Best wishes on a safe trip. Might not be sunny when you get here.... :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts