Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

So. Colorado Ducati Owners Club - inaugural meeting!

9K views 47 replies 16 participants last post by  GaryG 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, especially those of you in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Canon City, and surrounding towns!

My buddy Dave Springer contacted Ducati North America about starting an official Southern Colorado Owners Club. So we're going to be recognized by them, and all we need is YOU to join us!

The first meeting will be Friday, Feb. 29th at 7pm at Panera Bread in the Southgate Shopping Center in Colorado Springs. Address is 1832 Southgate Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80906.

We've already got several folks interested, so please join us and make it a roaring success!

BMW-Ducati of Colorado Springs has graciously offered a lifetime 10% off discount to members, and we're hoping the shop will offer other things in the future.

Hope to see you there! I actually work at the shop too (it keeps me so busy I don't log on here too often) so email me with questions at sales2@bmwcoloradosprings.com

Smitch

See less See more
#27 ·
The only thing that sucks about Quinns is the like $4.50/pint price tag! But regardless of the price I find it hard to pass up a good pint of Smithwicks! So if the show migrates there, count me in! BTW are any folks from up North heading down? Thirdly...why the hell are we doing this at Panera? I mean we all ride ducatis not vespas! Heck why not skip beer and go rright to >:D starbucks >:D then!!! [cheeky]

brew

das right I'm back bitches!!!

#28 ·
monsterbrew said:
BTW are any folks from up North heading down? <-------------- Read through the previous replies.

why the hell are we doing this at Panera?<--------------- Maybe your reputation precedes you, and they knew not to have you around beer?!!!
What's up with your sorry ass?? (and welcome back from under your rock)

#29 ·
Read the prev post? Looks like you are the only positive reply from up north Bick!!! Anyway, looks like I'm oly gonna be able to stay for sandwhich and salad :-( No Jack Quinn's for me. My wife is leaving on Sunday, and some friends invited us over for cocktails later that evening. Or as I would say "going over to some friends to get shitfaced!" Normally I'm a selfish bastard and I'd skip out, but that might not be in my best interest!!! Anyway see whoever's going on Fri.

bre

#31 ·
monsterbrew said:
The only thing that sucks about Quinns is the like $4.50/pint price tag! But regardless of the price I find it hard to pass up a good pint of Smithwicks! So if the show migrates there, count me in! BTW are any folks from up North heading down? Thirdly...why the hell are we doing this at Panera? I mean we all ride ducatis not vespas! Heck why not skip beer and go rright to >:D starbucks >:D then!!! [cheeky]

brew

das right I'm back bitches!!!
I knew we'd catch hell for having it at Panera, I'm just amazed it didn't happen sooner. The main reason is because they have a big meeting room, and it's kind of a central location for Southern Colorado. There's also a large amount of sensitivity towards mixing alcohol and motorcycles between Dave and myself on this (we're both MSF instructors, force of habit). Litigation is also something we're sensitive toward, being an officially recognized club and not just a bunch of mooks getting together.

That said, we'll endeavor to have future meetings at resturants with more character. But the club is about RIDING first and foremost. We ride Ducati's, not Harleys!

#32 ·
Hey guys!

New guy to RMMHA, and just saw this post. I'm definitely going to try and make it. I just moved back to CO after 4 years in Texas - boy is it good to be home! ;D

I'm in Aurora, and would be interested in riding down with anybody else who is coming from up north. Feel free to PM me so that we can meet up somewhere.

NateDog

#33 ·
smitch said:
being an officially recognized club and not just a bunch of mooks getting together.
Actually, we'll just be an officially recognized bunch of mooks getting together! [laugh]

brew

#34 ·
monsterbrew said:
Actually, we'll just be an officially recognized bunch of mooks getting together! [laugh]

brew
Yeah, whatever short-time.

NateDog said:
Hey guys!

New guy to RMMHA, and just saw this post. I'm definitely going to try and make it. I just moved back to CO after 4 years in Texas - boy is it good to be home! ;D

I'm in Aurora, and would be interested in riding down with anybody else who is coming from up north. Feel free to PM me so that we can meet up somewhere.

NateDog
As it looks now, I will ride.

I will be coming from the Northwest, we could meet at the Conoco - C-470 & Santa Fe @ 5:30 - from there down through Perry Park/Palmer Lake to limit miles on I-25.

#35 ·
NateDog said:
Hey guys!

NateDog
Welcome home. Were in Tayhas were you?

#39 ·
BickS2R said:
Anyone else going to ride tonight?

Is anyone from the North still GOING?
OK Bick don't bail out now!!! I don't wanna be the only one representin!! If your still ridin down, I can meet you at the north end of town. gimme a shout 719*229*1688

brew

#41 ·
Nice to meet all those riders. Especially locally to C\S. Look forward to riding with some of the cools I talked to around the bikes outside.

#42 ·
Yea, it was good to see some faces and glad there were so many that showed up!

Since i was out of the main room, I did not hear how this was to be organized? Are the postings for now supposed to go through DML? or is the "organization" supposed to happen through Southern Col. BMW/DUcati? I was not able to stay long enough to find out about Presidents/website/etc....

#43 ·
They are asking for volunteers for officers, basically write a little bio of yourself and why you think you'd be a good selection for whatever office you choose and they will make the decision from there. I believe the next meeting will be the final weekend of March. They are going to submit the aps to DNA, so we will be officially recognized. They asked for our input over the next few weeks as to how we would like the club to run. It kind of sounds like they are getting the ball rolling, but would like us to take the reins and make this thing ours. Further communication will be mostly through email between now and the next meeting. Does that help? If you have more questions I could try to answer them to the best of my recollection or you could probably pm Smitch I did once and he responded the same day, so I assume he checks it regularly.

P.S. Awesome rides everyone! It was gnarly seeing that many Ducs in a parking lot that wasn't a dealership.

#44 ·
A further detail for those interested. I recieved this email and was told to spread the word so this seemed the most effective way:

I just wanted to thank everybody for the fantastic turnout last Friday. It was obvious that
the attendance was more than what we had planned on, but I'm certainly not complaining.
Spread the word to other Duc enthusiasts that you know. We've got a great foundation to
build on.

This is the first e-mail that I have sent out from my new desmodue@q.com address.
I hope that I have entered everybody's address correctly into my address book. I guess that I will find out
when I get undeliverable mail returned.

Please plan on another meeting for the election of officers, sometime around the 29th of March.
The meeting place is still in the air, but there was one suggestion of using a community room at
one of the libraries in Springs. I have also looked into possibly using Conway's Red Top on N Carefree.
The room would be free, but is not available on Fridays nor Saturdays.

If any of you have suggestions where to meet, please let me know no later than this Friday.

Once again thank you all for participating in the initial meeting. Keep on coming and bring a friend.

If I may borrow a quote from Hill Street Blues, one of my all time favorite television programs,
"Be careful out there".

David Springer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.