Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone as stupid as me to go riding tonight?

I left my g/f's apartment and went to class on the bike. It just had started snowing then. Once I got out of class we had two inches of snow on the ground. Okay, sidewalk is fine... get to the parking deck, the top level is a snow/slush/ice sheet.

Crap.

Warm the bike up, gear up, and go. Just treat it like rain...

Get to the bridge over Chastain Rd... oh yeah, wheel spin, clutch, wheel spin, clutch, slide...... dry ground after the bridge. Whew, that was neat. Go down the road a little further, get it up to 3rd gear... okay going good. Turn, turn, good... Get to the gate to the apartment, oh **** the whole lot is ice... sliding stop into the gate. Still up, good.

Good, the car behind me is gonna open the gate. Roll slowly down the hill, let the car pass, and take the shortcut (sidewalk) to my g/f's apartment.

That was ****ing stupid, but now, I resident of GA, can say I've riden a motorcycle in the snow.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
duccarlos said:
You are not sane my friend. I could take the bike out of the garage and ride it around the block or not.
Neither my looks or intellegance impress the ladies on campus.
Showing up on a motorcycle in the snow got me more looks than ever.
Gearing up to leave while pushing slush out of the way got me more pity looks than ever.
PITY ME INTO YOUR HEARTS WOMEN!

·
Banned
124 Posts
You, my friend, are nuts. At work yesterday, saw the weather report of "ice pellets", rode home early, ate dinner in my warm dry apartment as traffic hell engulfed the whole city, then drove my CAR (cause sometimes you do need one) to a warm dry bar. It was wonderful. ;D

·
Registered
105 Posts
wbeck257 said:
PITY ME INTO YOUR PANTS WOMEN!
Fixed.

scienceiscool said:
You, my friend, are nuts. At work yesterday, saw the weather report of "ice pellets", rode home early, ate dinner in my warm dry apartment as traffic hell engulfed the whole city, then drove my CAR (cause sometimes you do need one) to a warm dry bar. It was wonderful. ;D
Yesterday would have been a good night for some warm rum.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I RODE THE SNOW TOO! [thumbsup]

I think the worst part was my visor kept fogging and I had to ride with it open for short stints, the snow really hurt at about 40 mph.

Anyways, I'm actually kind of glad I got to ride it before it was bad...it was worth it for the experience alone. I can't wait for WARM WEATHER, this cold is starting to kill me. ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts