Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't any of you still try to get a few hour(s) in or is that it you have thrown in the towel for the year, No posts for almost a Month? it's supposed to get nice the next few days (at least in the afternoon) anybody else still out there scareing the cruisers?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good for you, will probably get out myself tomorrow afternoon for a little while, Saturday I promised my youngest Son we would go dirtbiking. Not sure if the collarbone is up for it yet. Maybe I'll wimp out and ditch him at Grammas Saturday for a few hours (I feel like a bad dad).

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'll be out on Saturday for a bit, may be the last for awhile. Be careful of the leaves on the roads guys, they get quite slippery.

Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
My new yellow Sport Classic 1000 wasn't delivered until late October, so you beetter believe I am still riding. With the temperatures this weekend, I would have felt like a schmuck if I had already taken the battery out and all that. 14°C on the 26th of November? Are you kidding me?

Problem is, I have now done my 1000 break-in kms - time for first service. So I guess that is it until spring! Still trying to figure out what to do before storage. kinda seems like I should change the oil and let all those nasties from the break in out of he sump. Maybe I'll pick up an oil filter this weekend and do that. I guess then if I wanted to do just a few more clicks before parking it that would be okay....

·
Banned
168 Posts
put mine in storage a couple weeks ago... probably about 10 days too soon. its freezinbg now but theres a guy working on my neoghbours house who rode downtown from mississauga today.... i bet that was a bit cool.... not to mention slippy

·
Banned
168 Posts
TheRoadSurfer said:
All,

This DOCTOR message board bites ...Stale and boring..... [cheeky]
...lots of people viewing it ....but no talk
lol. you don't expect us to be friendly do you? [laugh] [laugh]

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
TheRoadSurfer said:
Its Alive...Its Alive....!! :eek:

Bike show this weekend.....should be neat to people watch the Bad Biker posers (newly purchased Harley's and Metric Cruisers) and pretend MOTO GP weekend racers (usually under 34 with grey mass still in development and generally the cause of un-insureable sport bikes )...... 8)

Rant [clap]
Could not have been more true. My favorite part was the insurance company,s all claiming to have the lowest rates.

·
Banned
168 Posts
i'm afraid i usually skip the january show because of the above 'attractions'.

did i miss anything?

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Yep same bike , keep seeing you on King and Queen , live in the same area, rode up until last tuesday , ride a red S2R with arrows.

·
Banned
168 Posts
you guys are killing me... my bikes been in storage at rev cycle for a month already... i kept thinking of grabbing it but now it looks like i will have to wait til march.

i bet i've seen you both, i'm at queen/bathurst, got a fairly stock red 800

happy riding

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I think I saw your bike at Rev cycle yesterday ,my 749S is in the shop , happy to have two bikes during the last 2 months otherwise would be a much longer winter.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I have been running Michelin Pilot powers , great tires. sportbike trackgear.com usually had some good deals on rubber , not sure if they still do.

·
Banned
168 Posts
TheRoadSurfer said:
Any Insurance deals....??? I pay appx $1400 for 99 Fatboy and 620 Monster at Echelon....Collision included.

My company pays for my car insurance so I can not give the insurance company a bone besides the bike....!!
what company are you with? my girl needs a quote for her vespa... also, i've got pilot powers as well, very very nice, better than the pirellis.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I got a good deal on insurance for my 749s from Statefarm , my monster is insured by JD Smith
I have noticed Statefarm rates bikes on engine size as opposed to class of bike , which alot of the insurance companies seem to be classing bikes as sport or touring .Statefarm seems to be the way on bikes under 800cc

·
Registered
140 Posts
Statefarm will only give you the 'good' rates if you have a completely clean record...this gives you their 'A' rating. Otherwise you end up with the 'B' rating which is no better than anyone else. They also require you to transfer your car & house insurance to them as well. I tried to switch to Statefarm a couple years ago but my wife has an accident on her record which hasn't cleared yet (i think it takes 6yrs?).

1 - 20 of 68 Posts