Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been a hard decision but I need to sell my Monster: I need a physically bigger bike. My wife wants to ride along for short trips now and I really want to start taking longer trips. I also messed my back up about a month ago and the aggressive riding position is just too much.

Regrettably I'm not going with another Ducati. I had my mind set on the Multistrada but the lack of dealer support in my area has made me seriously rethink that decision.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that during my research for other bikes I've visited many other boards and I have to say this one is the best! From the features and technology employed to the people that make up the list - this place rocks. [smiley=applause.gif]

And I'm going to miss it.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Well, we were the best while you were a monster owner, but now that you've become a communist, we hate your guts!!! Monster....agressive riding position??? I've broken my back twice & use clip-ons on both of my monsters.
But, since you're leaving us (you SOB!!) take a serious look at the Tiger, it's a great bike.

Jeff H.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
well, if you HAVE to look at another bike, check out the yamaha fjr1300. sport tourer with bags and 145 hp. they're hard to get a hold of though, i hear there's a waiting list.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bigger as in Sport Touring or as in GoldWing?

BTW, you can still visit!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goldwing! :eek:

No, I'll be getting a spanking new R1150R. It came down to the V11 or the RR.

I've broken my back twice & use clip-ons
Yes, I know I'm a wimp . . . I was lured in by the heated hand grips.

Herb, Scott still rides a Ducati . . . how would you feel about a german in your midst? ;D

jb

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm still here, sans Monster. I haven't been excommunicated (yet :D). I feel you on being too big for the Monster.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Jim, a truly excellent motorcycle especially on twisty bumpy roads, I sold mine last June when my wee gravy train hit the buffers. If you havn't already done so join up at www.r1150r.net
orra best.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I've got two germans living in my garage (R75/5 & R60/6) so sharing a bbs wouldn't be hard.

;D

--Fillmore
God I love the look of a toaster tank BMW :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
selling your monster doesn't mean you have to leave us. enjoy your new bike and come back to visit.
Haha cool! I'm going to make Blabbermouth status yet!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys . . . I'll pop in from time to time to catch up and see what's going on with the cool kids. ;)

jb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts