Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Trent mentioned that whenever I accelerated hard that there was some white smoke coming out of my pipes. This was last Thursday night. I was thinking that my girl was just moody. Now, I think it is getting worse. I fired it up last night after class, and it smoked like a sonofabitch upon starting. Just when I twist the throttle though..The smoke is more white so I am thinking oil problem,. Any ideas or thoughts on the matter? Also, I may be paranoid, but it seems like I dont have as much power anymore. When we were out riding on Saturday, I was trying to catch up to the pack, and was having a tough time getting up to 100..... :(

R

·
0 Posts
weren't you telling me some weird things about rings added to your bike or hc pistons or somtin odd?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah. I am going to get together with the dude that sold me the bike and get ALL the info I can. I am kinda ticked off that it broke so soon. Maybe I should have paid MORE attn to the break in limits. D'OH! :eek:

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Isn't white smoke water, or condensation? What kind of gas are you putting in that thing?
Also are your cans still packed?

My friends 916 spits smoke everytime he takes off from a stop light. I complain to him about getting a face full of exhast everytime he's infront of me.

Just trying to help.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didnt you see that episode where Marge sold the Murder House to the Flanders? Ned says that is where they found the pile of torsos. And Rod says, look at me, Im a torso!

R

·
0 Posts
yes I did see it and then what?
Your torso is still leaking into the gas tank...

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the investigation Kim. I have a post on the main Tech board and someone made a good point. The bike is air cooled, so no anti freeze.... Maybe it is like you said- condensation in the pipes or somethin... If not, thats what warranties were made for. :p [smiley=evil.gif]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts