Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whle "pre flighting " my S4 for a bit of a trip tomorrow, I discovered another place that small stones build up. The point where the rear suspension attachs to the swing arm creates a small well ideal for holding small stones. This is a pivot point and I would think possibly it could impinge on the movement when full of stones/gravel (as mine was).

They are not that easy to get out of there (I used a small screw driver to flick them out).

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Still got your hugger on?

Shop vacuum can work well too.

I've had to fish a nut and bolt out of there a time or two that I fumbled.

G

·
+1 shop vac,
or, if you don't smoke,
a lungfull.

I find that if I use a wax spray when clean,
less detritus will build up in those spots (changes their adhesion-tension) yes, I made up that word.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still have a hugger on although its a bit of a shorter one due to a mod I made to it because of an accident caused by another mod I made :-X

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Also, check the 'dishes' in the top of the lower triple clamp. I got a stone wedged in front of the lock stop screw. I could turn the handlebar one way at all. It was locked straight ahead.

I nearly fell off. I think it must of got deposited there from my bike cover when I removed it. Took about an hour for the stone to work its way down through the instrument cluster to its final destination. I had just come off the freeway when I discovered it. It scared the **** out of me.

Why the lower triple clamp casting has a nice dish shape to collect crap defies me. On Jpn bikes the screws are under the triple clamp.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Canned air that we use to blow the dust bunnies out of computers. Cheap and portable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts