Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the 696 out of winter storage and took it for a ride last night. After my ride I noticed a small amount of oil on the bottom of the oil filter. By small, I mean a few dots on the rag once I wiped it down. This is the second time that I have changed the oil and had a very small leak from the oil filter. I applied a coating of oil to the filter rim in order to provide a good seal. Has anyone had a similar problem with their 696, or suggestions on remedies??

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had a similar problem with my S2R when I bought it. Turned out to be that the filter had not sealed against the bottom of the engine because the oil had been changed without running the bike afterwards. I changed the oil and rode the bike and I've never had the problem again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
my '06 s2r does the same thing every now and then. did you torque the oil filter to the specifications? normally I just tighten a touch more and see if that does the trick. are you planning on changing the oil since it is coming out of winter storage? check the oil gasket and see if you see anything abnormal. also check inside where the filter sits against the sump, sometimes crud just gets up in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts