Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys the time has come to take a step away from working privately out of my own shop into the world of "real" business. Ive got a great oppurtunity to buy a tuning\custom shop that I have frequented over the past few years in my neck of the woods....wish me luck!!

BTW...if I do get it....you know we will be doing meets there!!!

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
[thumbsup] congrats Rob on a great move [clap]

it takes guts and determination(especially at the beginning), but if it works out is well worth it, say good bye to THE BOSS! - unless you did

a long time ago [cheeky]

THE BEST OF LUCK !

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! It's nothing huge but it'll be mine and I can finally do what I want. I'm envisioning a very deversified line-up of work on top of the already established clientel. Here's a link to the current shop, the name is going to change....http://www.xoticmotorsports.com/services.php
I'm thinking "Busted Knuckle Customs" or something along those lines....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Clopstyle said:
Will your shop work on BMWs?(suspension, exhaust, etc.)
You need help working on a Bimmer? Thats what I know.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
You go boy!

best of luck Rob!

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
HyperM3 said:
You need help working on a Bimmer? Thats what I know.
Yeah, I want to lower it a bit and maybe slap on an exhaust. The exhaust I can do myself, but I don't have tools for doing suspension.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ohh yeah, we will work on everything. Just give me an idea of what you will be looking for and I can start sourcing some of it.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well....I think we came up with the new name....what do you guys think about:

"Top Dead Center Motorsports"? Logo reads...."TDC...Performance Starts Here"

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
i like the TDC thing.

congrats on the new bidniss. if given the chance i'll send as many people as i can your way.

i'm guessing this will be cages only though...am i correct?

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually Travis....no, we're going to expand the horizons alittle. I plan on doing some cutom bike stuff along with sourcing a bike dyno (unless I can have one of the current 2 modded to run bikes).

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
blonde1over said:
Actually Travis....no, we're going to expand the horizons alittle. I plan on doing some cutom bike stuff along with sourcing a bike dyno (unless I can have one of the current 2 modded to run bikes).
hehehehehe >:D ;D

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
cool - like the TDC also, though I am supprised Travis does ~ given his recent <ahhem> experiance [laugh]

lemme know if you need any help w/the logo

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
kenrok1 said:
cool - like the TDC also, though I am supprised Travis does ~ given his recent <ahhem> experiance [laugh]

lemme know if you need any help w/the logo
a) bite me ken. i finally got it figured out, and it gave me a much greater knowledge of the bike. also more confidence to try other things.

b) TDC is a mechanical term. it appeals to me because it references something specific.

wasn't TDC the name of a bike show on TNT before it became spike?

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Doh....name change....we're now going with (a slightly Ducati influenced reference).....

DARKSTAR MOTORSPORTS

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
blonde1over said:
Doh....name change....we're now going with (a slightly Ducati influenced reference).....

DARKSTAR MOTORSPORTS
hehehehe..it appeals to the geek in me. i want to make ait a vague star wars ref, but it's not...

I ARE TEH GEEX0R!!!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts