Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market to buy slip on cans for my 06 S2R 800. I have looked at a bunch of different cans and it looks like I may have to spend close to 1k for these. Is it true that I need to remap the bike to make slip-ons work? Cant I just bolt these on and go?

Also, Anyone ever hear of the brand Fresco? The have a nice set of cans on Motowheels.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
theDucman said:
I am in the market to buy slip on cans for my 06 S2R 800. I have looked at a bunch of different cans and it looks like I may have to spend close to 1k for these. Is it true that I need to remap the bike to make slip-ons work? Cant I just bolt these on and go?

Also, Anyone ever hear of the brand Fresco? The have a nice set of cans on Motowheels.

I posted the same thing last week. I'm considering the double high two side Fresco Ti slip ons, but figure I'm better off spending that money on some Ohlins forks. More bang for the buck.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
If you jsut alter the exhaust, there no effect on the incoming fuel/air mix -so no need to mess with any settings. Slip-on exhaust area bolt n go project. If you go an open up you airbox and add a hirger flow air filter element - then you'll need to look at the possibility of a power commander or similar device.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dealer is telling me its like a $1200 job and that i need a new ecu and remapping and all this other stuff.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well thats good news. Now I just have to find ones I like. I think it will be eather ARC slipons or Fresco slipons. I would love arrows but not for 900 bucks.

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
Also looking for something that gets rid of the double S pipes, I personally hate the visual effect those have on the rear of the bike.

Q

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am torn between the Frescos and the ARC's

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
moto said:
get a system that puts 1 pipe on each side or an ex box that puts everything under the bike.
I personally do not like the ex-box look, not on my bike, it does look fantastic on some of the pics posted here.

I am still undecided about the dual (one on each side) look. I have been looking at pics and like the look from the rear and the front. But it really exagerates the pass foot pegs asymetry (and I do commute w/ the wife from time to time).

on top of my list of course is the termi "low-mount" option for the S4R, but lack of pictures available make it tough.

I am very difficult about exhaust, so much that I had a custom pipe made for my old SV and I used a monster DP pipe on my Laverda... [laugh]

Q

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.