Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pair of SIL motor high mount slip ons from bcm ducati in new hampshire for my 02 monster 750s--the s-curve pipes that came to mount them seem to suggest that I will either have to mount rear sets for my pegs, move my battery, or get different pipes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The clearances seem really tight with the swing arm if mounted with the stock footpeg mounts. Also, the battery is right in the way of where the pipe should go. Any help?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
that's not your battery. your battery is under the gastank. the black plastic "thing" you see under the righthand side-cover is a piece of emissions equipment. it's easily removed and pretty much useless. do a search on "emissions removal" or "smog removal" and you'll see various threads with instructions on how to ditch it. enjoy your sil's!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same bike, i put the Sils on mine also, you shouldn't need to do anything to the rearsets, you can use the included spacers if you need to, but mine fit fine without. Like Strati said ditch the emissions crap, and bolt on the new pipes!!
Have fun scaring small animals and children!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts