Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I hope everyone is doing okay a safe with this global craziness going on right now. Maybe some of my Monster question will help take your minds off of all this mess for just a tad bit.

I am currently in the middle of swapping the headers on my bike. I own a 2013 Ducati Monster 796 ABS Anniversary (completely stock) and I'm swapping the headers for those of a 2012 Ducati Monster 1100EVO. I'll attach a few pictures of the clean up work I've done so far.

There are a few exhaust slip-ons that I am absolutely in love with from SC Projects and Austin Racing, but no one has been able to answer my question yet. So this falls back on you brilliant Ducati Owners!!! :D all of the slip-ons I've been looking at are meant for 2014-2020 M1200 S/Rs:

-Austin Racing 2014-2020 M1200 S/R
-GP1RR
-SC Projects 2017/2020 M1200 S/R
-Twin GP70-R
-Twin CR-T
-CR-T

Does anyone out there know the dimensions or the diameter of the M1200??? I know I'll have to figure something out as for as mounting is concerned, but that can be handled. If the slip-ons dont fit at all at least i know I can just move on from this as it'll never work only i have headers custom made.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
How much difference is there between the old and new pipes as far as where they end up under the bike ? Looks close, but putting the new ones on is the only way to know .
If you can’t find someone who has already done the same pipe swap, you might just end up looking at pictures of the pipe you are thinking of and buy it from someone who takes returns.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much difference is there between the old and new pipes as far as where they end up under the bike ? Looks close, but putting the new ones on is the only way to know .
If you can’t find someone who has already done the same pipe swap, you might just end up looking at pictures of the pipe you are thinking of and buy it from someone who takes returns.
From the looks of things regardless of which slip-on I go with the positioning will all be relatively the same. The bigger question is whether or not the slip-on will even "slip on" (pun intended). lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Contact the manufacturer or check their website, or whoever sells them. They should have inlet dimensions . They might list a can for the pipe you’re using. Just make sure they have a good return policy. Revzilla does, I’ve heard.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Contact the manufacturer or check their website, or whoever sells them. They should have inlet dimensions . They might list a can for the pipe you’re using. Just make sure they have a good return policy. Revzilla does, I’ve heard.
Yeah. I contacted both SC Projects and Austin Racing and they had no answer for me. Just seemed like they knew basic costumer service knowledge. I’ll get in touch with someone from Ducati and see if they know anything. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mike-I'm currently doing about the same thing. I'm putting 2012 monster evo 1100 headers on a 2009 monster 1100. I think our bikes are pretty much the same as far as frames and engines (externally). What I can't figure out is how to attach the slip-on to bike frame. Most everything I can find attaches to the rear footpegs. But-our bikes have the "chicken wing" rear footpegs and the cans attach to the frame with ugly brackets. How are you planning to attach the cans to the bike? I was thinking on getting
not because it's my favorite but because it appears to attach to the rear brake caliper bracket or footpeg or something in that area. To make things even more confusing for me is that I've got ducabike rearsets and the rear brake caliper is in a completely different position than stock. I'm thinking/hoping that I can fabricate an ugly bracket of some king that will work. Maybe. I really love the look of the scproject dual cans, but how to attach?
And as you said would they "slipon"? Let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
If you look on eBay, someone sells a set of adapter collars that fit between the pipe and muffler If the muffler is bigger than the pipe. They are split so they tighten up with the muffler clamp. I usually end up making a muffler hanger when I do these kind of things.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you look on eBay, someone sells a set of adapter collars that fit between the pipe and muffler If the muffler is bigger than the pipe. They are split so they tighten up with the muffler clamp. I usually end up making a muffler hanger when I do these kind of things.
That's some good juju right there! Thanks for that bit of info!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike-I'm currently doing about the same thing. I'm putting 2012 monster evo 1100 headers on a 2009 monster 1100. I think our bikes are pretty much the same as far as frames and engines (externally). What I can't figure out is how to attach the slip-on to bike frame. Most everything I can find attaches to the rear footpegs. But-our bikes have the "chicken wing" rear footpegs and the cans attach to the frame with ugly brackets. How are you planning to attach the cans to the bike? I was thinking on getting
not because it's my favorite but because it appears to attach to the rear brake caliper bracket or footpeg or something in that area. To make things even more confusing for me is that I've got ducabike rearsets and the rear brake caliper is in a completely different position than stock. I'm thinking/hoping that I can fabricate an ugly bracket of some king that will work. Maybe. I really love the look of the scproject dual cans, but how to attach?
And as you said would they "slipon"? Let me know what you find out.
Hi! My 1100EVO exhaust headers came with the stock hanger bracket that mounts in the same place as the 796 bracket which is mounted behind the the right rear set. I'll attach photos.

The exhausts I want is the twin CR-T from SC Projects which will mount on the "chicken wing" passenger peg and the Austin Racing exhaust which mounts very much like Comp Werkes. I'll attach photos on those as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The headers I got unfortunately didn't include the bracket you circled. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago, supposed to be here this week. I'm most likely gonna go with the comp werkes can. The ducabike rearsets on my bike don't even have passenger peg brackets installed ($350 option) so I thinking the comp werkes will be the easiest and cheapest way to go on my bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The headers I got unfortunately didn't include the bracket you circled. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago, supposed to be here this week. I'm most likely gonna go with the comp werkes can. The ducabike rearsets on my bike don't even have passenger peg brackets installed ($350 option) so I thinking the comp werkes will be the easiest and cheapest way to go on my bike.
Damn! That's how they get you! lol Can you keep the chicken wings on with the new DucaBike rearsets?

Also, if you want the bracket I found it on a site where I get all of the replacement parts I need. See the attached link. EXHAUST SYSTEM for Ducati Monster 1100 EVO 2013 # DUCATI Online Genuine Spare Parts Catalog

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought this bike last summer. It already had the ducabike rearsets on it along with about $4000 of other assorted bolt on bling. I don't even have the original chicken wings or any of the other stock parts that were taken off. I've already ordered the bracket and it's supposed to be on the way, but coming from Italy :rolleyes:. The latest email claims it will be here this week. We'll see.....

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Go to a Home Depot or Lowe’s. They have a rack of aluminum and steel pieces for fabricating. Pick one out and make your own bracket . All you should need is a drill and hacksaw.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts