Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
My concerns are:
1) will I be home by Sunday night?
2) hotel reservations
3) I've got my jacket, gloves, helmet, and bike, what else would be recommended, other than toothbrush. ha ha
4) Directions, I'm assuming you guys know where your going.

Your experience and opinions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
DucWrangler said:
My concerns are:
1) will I be home by Sunday night?
2) hotel reservations
3) I've got my jacket, gloves, helmet, and bike, what else would be recommended, other than toothbrush. ha ha
4) Directions, I'm assuming you guys know where your going.

Your experience and opinions would be appreciated.
Last year Mitt and I made it back on Sunday night, I'd guess around 5 or 6. We just grabbed a hotel when we got there and it worked out pretty well. I took a change of clothes in my tank bag to go out in Madison Saturday night. Riding up there was awesome. Mitt and I met Jeff in Dubuque and rode for a bit into Wisconsin. Then when they dropped off, we really had no set time to be in Madison, so we just got ourselves lost on the back roads of WI, which was pretty cool. If you need directions, it's pretty much a straight shot. Oh, and Leland and Pine Bluff are easy to find as well.

-Alan

·
Registered
43 Posts
Still have some planning to do but if it works out I would like to just follow you guys, hopefully another local hooligan would like to go along. Thanks for your input. I'll get back with ya.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
jimmygomk3 said:
I will be there. [thumbsup]
Well, looks like quite a few are in for this. Should we meed up in the IC/CR area and the ride through Dubuque to meet up with more Dubuque and QC people there? Jason, any chance of getting a roster or signup of some sort on the www.driowa.com site?
-Alan

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
ZLTFUL said:
I'm going.
Jason and I've chatted about this, looks like there'll be a group leaving from QC with him to meet our CR/IC group in Dubuque. Would you be interested in leading a group of DSM riders to meet here in IC for the ride to Dubuque?

-Alan

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Here's who has told me they are going so far.

From Quad Cities: Jason
From Dubuque: Jeff & girlfriend
From CR area: Alan, Wes, Terry,

Maybees: DucWrangler , mitt, ZLTFUL

For the CR group, let's meet up for lunch ~11:30 saturday morning. If ZLTFUL or others from the DSM area come in they can meet us there. Then, we can take off for Dubuque and meet Jeff and Jason. I'll do some digging for info on the hotel we stayed at last year. Please say something if your status on going has changed. Or, if you have other suggestions on times, destinations, etc. Any other people want to go?????

-Alan

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
jimmygomk3 said:
the gf and i are in as planned... just waiting on hotel info.
OK, I called the DoubleTree hotel, same place we stayed last year. It is right downtown, and they're even having the Mifflan Street Block Party 2 blocks away. The rooms are $199/night, but I got a group rate of $139/night. Currently, I have 5 rooms set aside. They are all on my credit card right now (scarry). Do we just want to split up rooms and have roommates to make for more beer money? PM me or call my cell phone for further information. Otherwise, the number to the hotel is 608-251-5511. Talk to Brenda Kreiger, and reference the reservations under "Alan Kremzar." Oh, I need a head count 24 hours in advance so my card doesn't get charged for the unused rooms (if there are any). So, please confirm that you're going or not.

-Alan
816-507-6798

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Unfortunately, with the job situation, or current lack thereof, I will not be able to attend. And most all of my moto trips this summer are in serious doubt unless I find something decent fast.

Have a great trip and post pics when you guys get back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great ride to Slimey Crud this weekend! Jeff and Stephanie, it was great to meet you both and ride together. I had a great time in Madison. Alan and Wes, thanks for letting an old guy ride along. See you soon!

T

·
Registered
96 Posts
T,

It was great to meet you also. Even with the crash Steph and I had a blast. I am sure we will cross paths sooner or later for some riding near Iowa City. I definitely need to see the rest of your collection! [thumbsup]

Cheers,
Jeff

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was cool hanging out with you guys and I'm glad we had a full recovery! Me and Mark met up with Steve(roadside mechanic) and Fred (grey 900ss) and hit some good roads on the way back to Madison. Hope to see you guys again on a trip to Galena and Iowa.

R.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts