Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i cant friggin sleep because tomorrow is the big day when i pick up the monster! permitting all goes well of course.

so anywho, i figured since i'm up; i'd ask another question ;)

the bike has been sitting all winter and i would ideally like to just get it all checked out ... anybody have an idea on how much a "check up" like that costs? i'm leaving for vegas soon, so i figure that would be a good time to bring it in...

oh and an insurance update: apparently its gonna cost me around 1300 with a 250 collision deductible a year, but when i park it for the winter, im gonna raise that deducitble to 1000, and then it will really only cost around 1150 or so ... its pretty steep i guess, but i've called some places and when i said the word "ducati" they were all like "ooohhh mannn thats gonna cost you" or "we dont insure those" ... im only 22 with a clean record, and its through progressive ... thoughts?

i'll let you know how it goes tomorrow! and then i guess we hit up belmont and watch my initation into mocha :p

word.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
My thoughts are this - switch to state farm. I got the same quotes and what not when dealing with the Ducati (plus I have an S4). Progressive wanted like 1500 a year or something crazy like that. If you live in the burbs you should be able to get it down to 750 a year. You should also be able to switch it to "storage" for the winter. That's way cheaper then raising the deductible to 1000.

If the bike starts and runs no need to get a checkup - my guess is it will cost you some cash. If the bike starts and runs w/ out problem I'd just suggest doing an oil change. Bike places may charge 50 - 100 bucks. If you get the supplies on your own though you can change it for less. I believe all the parts (golden spectro 15-50, washers, and oil filter) cost around 55 - 58 bucks. Last year we did a group buy.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awwww yeah...

i got it:
http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/9/6/66628596.htm

$5,500 with a helmet and chain lube.

it sounds amazing and it hurt to only be able to ride it around the block a couple times...

cant thank y'all enough for your help and lets go for a ride!

so now can i rock the little MOCHA tag on my messages!?
...too late; gonna do it now! hah.

woot!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
congrats!! it will get better when the weather warms up and we all hook up and do some serious rides together.

welcome to the group

·
Registered
137 Posts
Try Geico. They have a special motorcycle division called CycleGurard. They are pretty reasonable and they do cover Ducatis. I've had mine with them for some time now.

Call 800-841-3000 and ask for CycleGuard.

Shyrlden

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Congrats man! In a few weeks we'll all get to ride together and tear it up. Just out of curiousity, where do you live?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wicker parkish.

chicago / milwaukee / ogden (that intersection) to be exact...

looking forward to nicer weather!....

G

·
Congrats on the bike bro. We'll be meeting soon to ride. Anytime you wanna ride I'm down; I'll ride in cold weather as long as it isn't 2 windy!

R.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts