Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd start a thread for Ducati In The Rockies so we can talk here if anyone has Qs or would like to coordinate a trip there. I WILL be going again this year and can't say enough about it. Real fun. Don't have to be fast, guzzle beer or anything. Riders from pros (at least in my mind) to beginners, 20yrs old to I belive late 50s....

Hotel info (book soon!)
1400 Main Street P.O. Box 236 Ouray, CO 81427 970.325.7277 tollfree: 800.706.7790 Please note that you may get a recording as the Inn does not reopen for the season until May. They will return your call, however. Make sure you mention that you are with the Ducati group to get the $110/night rate.

I will be leaving Friday, August 15 from SLC. Riding back to SLC on Monday, August 18.

Photos from last year:
http://www.sharemyalbums.com/ViewPublicAlbum.php?pid=499&Page=1

Main DITR 2008 thread:
http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=109225.0

That's my pitch. The trip is cool once you're there but a trip to GET there can be just as fun, especially with some fellow Monsters!

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
im still trying to decide if im going or not. ive never been to anything like this, but i know it would be sweet.

how long of a ride is it to DITR? is it something you guys are planning on making in one day?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One day, no problem. I did it last year. Last 5 miles were in a downpour!

Mapquest pegs it at 6hrs and 380 miles through Grand Junction. I did a much more fun route through Moab and LaSal Junction, then east.

After last year's trip, me and a buddy decided to scrap our normal "annual guys weekend" with a bunch of other folks and stick with this. No brainer.

Yehu is planning on it and another Monster rider (non DML'er :mad: ) is also planning on making the trip with me.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I'm in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts