Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that i have a S2R i need the sss rear stand....

any recommendations for a reasonably priced rear?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Pit Bull. "Reasonably priced" includes that it works properly and lasts.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Now that i have a S2R i need the sss rear stand....

any recommendations for a reasonably priced rear?
You're kidding about the reasonably priced thing, right? These are Ducatis after all and NOTHING is reasonably priced.

I got the Pit Bull. It comes with two various sized pins to insert into the rear wheel hub so you can lift the wheel off the ground from either side. The hollow rear axle has a larger diameter on the right side than the left side. These two sized pins are helpful when you want to clean and lube your chain (right side pin) or remove the rear wheel (left side pin). I think I paid either $160 or $180, but I can't remember exactly as it's been awhile. It is very handy to have in the garage. Good luck and congrats on the S2R.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
christ 160 for ONE stand? yikes.
Well - see note above from mstevens. That says it all really.

If you want cheap, buy a Japanese bike. I'm not dissing them but there's so many out there that you can find low priced accessories of all kinds. Ducatis are unique and more specialized so EVERYTHING costs more. The prices won't shock you after owning one for awhile. You still won't like it, but you'll get it.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd ask here. What is the purpose of a single sided swing arm? Weight reduction? Looks? I'm not a big fan of it.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
woah ive never heard of someone not being a big fan of the sss. thought it was like mother and apple pie...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-sided_swingarm

very true what is said in this article - that having the sss w/o centerstand sort of eliminates the benefit of easy wheel/chain work (and is the reason why i started this thread looking for a pit stand in the first place).

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
woah ive never heard of someone not being a big fan of the sss. thought it was like mother and apple pie...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-sided_swingarm

very true what is said in this article - that having the sss w/o centerstand sort of eliminates the benefit of easy wheel/chain work (and is the reason why i started this thread looking for a pit stand in the first place).
Thanks. I just don't like the look, but if I settle on an 1100 I'll have to get used to it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think that is better to install a center-stand from a ST (close to $150) and don't buy a garage stand?

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's more useful on endurance racers, more for looks on street bikes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
T-Rex stands are great. The quality is there for a fraction of the price. Can be used on both sides of the bike (but you have to angle the lift handle outward on the exhaust side or it will hit the pipes at your heat shields). Well built and TRex customer service is outstanding.
On a side note, T Rex can also make thru axle mounts to use their sliders/spools on a Monster with hollow axles. I recently installed their frame, fork, and rear axle slider/spools and went with their front and rear race stands. Great combo. They are worth checking out!

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool thanks for the tip. i'm generally aware that ducati aftermarket stuff is more expensive cause of the economy of scale, but im weary about accepting too much ducati mysticism and paying 2x what a pit stand should cost. im gonna check out the trex.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts