Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How tricky is it to swap a 916/996/998 swing arm onto an '01 S4? Are the cases etc the same? What about suspention? Can I use my current shock, an Ohlins DU 046 unit? I see them going cheap on E-Bay and it's just such a temptation....

S

·
0 Posts
cases have to be machined, suspension rocker has to be tweeked or custom unit has to be made, custom exhaust header/system required. also a good idea to attach a brace from the frame to the swingarm pivot as on the SBK's but i don't know if it's totally necessary.
a buddy of mine's planning on doing this in the coming months. we'll try to document the process.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Strati! I figured it wouldn't be as simple as it looks :-/

·
Registered
95 Posts
Motowheels sells a complete kit for the SSS/Monster conversion.....but it is PRICEY.
Good Luck!

Jeff

S

·
0 Posts
Motowheels sells a complete kit for the SSS/Monster conversion.....but it is PRICEY.
Good Luck!

Jeff
note about the febur kit available on motowheels... as mentioned on ducgirl.com:

Some things I learned from the project:
- NOTHING aftermarket "bolts right on"
- Everything takes twice as long as costs twice as much as
you thought
- The kit bolted right on...but then everything else didn't fit
- Find lots of people to help you

S

·
0 Posts
I noticed the invitation to the May 8th ride. Where can I get details ... such as what time and where in Allentown are you meeting?

Also, is it for Ducatisti only? ... I have a couple of friends that would be interested, but ride asian RR's!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
S4 IN RED SSS AND 900SS IN MONSTER FRAME ENGINE CASINGS CUT IN THE ITALAIN FLAG
RED S4 VTECH MODS
900SS VTECH ENGINE CASINGS CUT

N

·
0 Posts
You bikes look great!! What headlight cluster is that on the Italian flag bike?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Who here has TOO MUCH MONEY??? I hope Grunter is raising his hand...

S

·
0 Posts
that 'busa headlamp looks sharp... i was considering this on my s4 but didn't have on in hand to visualize for size on the forks. hrm.... will revert to stock and keep this in mind for future posibility. keeps the single-headight theme i want to return to, but a bit more "modern" than the round-eye.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Grunter your bikes look awesome. Where are ALL the pics...I want closeups and all the info...................please? haahah

V

·
0 Posts
Wow that looks nice.
Can you please provide more info on making the hayabusa headlight work on the Duc?

THANKS!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts